Official >> Mini Corps' Discussion

Thats his own opinion Leagleagle50, when will you ever see that. A lot of people actually like drumlines, (imagine that) and dislike seeing music stands in competition. There is no problem with the TBirds. I want to thank the audience for giving us such a warm welcome. We had a blast.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats his own opinion Leagleagle50, when will you ever see that.  A lot of people actually like drumlines, (imagine that) and dislike seeing music stands in competition.  There is no problem with the TBirds.  I want to thank the audience for giving us such a warm welcome.  We had a blast.

did i say there was a problem with the T-Birds? no i didn't.

i meant all you mini-corps people in general (which i find to be quite comical most times) but you were too busy reading into my post to notice that.

i still don't see how it if isn't written in the rules, that having a drum set or music stands is creating such an issue.

why is there a problem with a drum set?  :worthy:

there are corps that use drum sets in their performances.

i see it as a way to get in the maximum amount of horn players you can have within the stated limited. 

there aren't rules that say there have to be so many horns and so many drummers.  just the total amount of players maximum right?

so if it is within the scope of the rules what is the problem? 

oh wait ~ there is always something that will be a problem with this group.  :P

Correct on all counts, Liz!

Edited by strutta

LOL, you were commenting on my brother Leadsop420's opinion, so it's no stretch to think you were knocking our organization....again. go to www.ssssshhhh.com they're pretty comical too. have you noticed you're the only one being negative? by the way, who did you say you marched with? Big deal, we don't like using set drummers if the chart doesn't call for it (key) and music stands jeez Strutta, a set drummer worked for you, cool. congratulations. if we all did the same thing, it would be pretty boring, wouldn't it?

Edited by bass1

LOL, no back peddling Liz.  you were commenting on my brother Leadsop420's opinion, so it's no stretch to think you were knocking our organization....again.  go to www.ssssshhhh.com  they're pretty comical too.  have you noticed you're the only one being negative? by the way, who did you say you marched with?

NO i wasn't knocking T-Birds. believe what you will.

i wasn't being negative. i don't see a problem with a drum set. i think they add positively to performances.

someone else says T-Birds got screwed and I'M the only one being negative? because you couldn't read that i was making a joke?

Edited by LegalEagle50

OK  no problem  Note that it wasn't a TBird who said that comment about us getting screwed.  Believe me, i didn't get screwed this weekend.  I woulda remembered.

When Mikey B. (bass 1) says something he's like E.F. Hutton.......we all listen...

If you happened to be watching our show (TBIRDS) he's the guy who played 2nd Bari, set the bari down and ran to the pit......strapped on a set of Quads, did the CRAB WALK in "Birdland" with the drum line, did a Quad feature, ran back to his 2nd bari spot and finished the show. (he also plays trap, soprano and melli).

Guess nobody was paying attention..............

I'm just wondering what people thought about how the corps' did at the show. I felt that the Imperials did very well for coming back after such a long time. I couldn't believe that they had beat St. Kevins.

As a member of the Imperials I thank you for the compliment. I am very proud of our members, some experienced and for our younger members this was their very first show. We had just wanted to come out, play well and take in a real drum corps experience. We had the best time.

Dennis ONeill, snare

why is there a problem with a drum set?  :worthy:

This is my opinion:

With ONLY a drumset, how can you look like a drumcorps? Minicorps, to me, sounds like Mini-Drum-corps. If you only have a drumset, your Corps looks like a mixed ensemble. Do we need to define the word Minicorps? It's the "corps" in Minicorps that bothers me. To me that sounds like a unit that is trying to emulate Drumcorps, but, due to lack of members, interest, ect..... - Can't go on the field.

Am I out of line here?????Does this bother anyone else?

Again, I must say, the THUNDERBIRDS deserved the placement the Judges gave us. "We made our own bed." We didn't play a "clean" enough show. And I am OK with that. My hats off to Mass Brass.....they kicked azz..............

..........................except 4 strutta. lol

My opinion may/may not reflect the opinion of the THUNDERBIRDS as a whole. Please post your negative reactions to my post in reference to me.

Thank you,

Thank you very much.