Newbies?

He knows that I am a big Regiment fan...and they MADE ME PROUD regardless of some lame bando Cadets stuff!!!!

Thank you. You have a very nice drum corps, sir. :worthy:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, almost everyone where I work knows about drum corps already. The people that watched it really enjoyed it. Two consultants that I'm working with checked it out. They've never heard of the activity. Both of them thought it very cool and loved the "incredible drum synchronization"

Kevin Stahl

Bluecoats Baritone 96-99

Bluecoats Visual Staff 00-03

Glassmen Visual Staff 04-05

Edited by Kstahl

I asked some of my students to watch it. Middle schoolers now.... so most couldn't stay up past 10:30, but from what they say...they said they saw too much talking and wanted to see more playing. I guess they missed the last hour when it got better. DCI needs to find a happy medium between vignettes and performance time.

And on the other side, here's a couple of quotes from one friend of mine:

got to tell you, they need some help in figuring out how to present that on tv. man, it was dreadfully boring.

and

i was bored to tears with all those things on the rules, then the dumb questions asked by the dumb people. it was really tough to watch.

I suppose some of this is tastes great/less filling. Some want the vingnettes, some don't. But some of it is just not to everyone's liking.

That's okay. We're right and he's wrong!

HH

my mom.

Yes, I said it... my mom.

~>conner

Well.....................

Did She enjoy it?

Did you convince her to let ya march??

My sister, who has barely seen any drum corps in her life (even though I've been in the activity for about 13 years) said she saw a little of it, but that they showed too many closeups and and not enough high-cam shots, and that there was way too much talking and not enough performing.

edit: forgot to say that my gf who I've taken to at least 1 show for the past 3 years tried watching it but thought it was lame because of all the talking and very little performing.

Edited by madscout96

i think the part of this that they were trying to catch the newbies out there, yes all of us want to see the marching that already know about it, but the whole point of going national for 88 million households was to teach what this is. and I think it was a great mix(i personally wanted to see more video) but oh well!

I forgot to let a buddy of mine know about the broadcast who went to a Phantom rehearsal with me once. He may have caught it since he is an ESPN junky anyway. He knows that I am a big Regiment fan...and they MADE ME PROUD regardless of some lame bando Cadets stuff!!!!

Let it go already. Cadets earned their 9th championship. Our favorites can still be our favorites but corps bashing is what's really lame.