The French Horns of Drum Corps

Although it is sad that there are only three French Horns in competitive Drum Corps, I am proud to be one of them. Here is photographic evidence...

horns.jpg

Lani, Chris and Frank

Edited by randomnoise

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there another french horn player, female type who shall remain nameless?

Does said horn player march?

I would love it if there were more. Even if they were unpopular people that I used to march with in Junior Corps.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Edited by randomnoise

Does said horn player march?

I would love it if there were more. Even if they were unpopular people that I used to march with in Junior Corps.

^0^  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^

Hey, I'm willing to give it a try though I've never marched with a G French Horn or marching french horn in band. Have played mello with a horn mouthpiece w/adapter. Only time I ever played a French Horn bugle it was a very old DEG 2v model and it was a beast to play.

:ph34r: I will always have utmost respect for those who can move and play on such an unforgiving mouthpiece!

In one of Ursula LeGuinn's novels, a character asks, "Casimir, why do you play the bass viol?", to which Casimir replies, "Because he is the enemy of the feasible."

This could be applied equally to the marching French Horn.

Major props to Lani, Frank and Chris for turning feasibility into reality. After all, the great Phillip Farkas was once a bugler. (As they say, "You could look it up.")