That's it, I'm calling it...

Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I would call it the best, but one of my favorite years was 99.

This was the first time that the corps outside the top six had interesting shows. BD and SCV had two of the best shows in history, Cavies set up a three year run, Cadets played beatifully, Madison had their best show ever, and corps like crown and the crossmen had great shows. 99 is awesome from top to bottom

Although it didn't have a couple of my all-time favorite

shows, I'm voting for 93. Top to bottom it

was my favorite year, with 91,92 and 2004 close behind.

'80 was a lot of fun while it was happening - there was enough intrigue in terms of potential placement all season long, it saw the real emergence of 27th as the first possible east coast champ (with Bayonne surprising everyone right behind them), the beginning of the movement of drill off the 50, and a great range of shows all the way down through the line-up (put it this way: Cavies got 3 standing O's during the course of their performance - and had the NINTH place show...).

But I rarely watch the '80 DVD now unless it's 2 am, the Jameson's bottle is empty and I'm feeling sentimental... :P

In the modern era I'd go with '92. The best spread of design talent and individuality from corps to corps, with a little something for everyone, and almost all of it good. The top halves of 95, 99, and 00 are up there, but the bottom halves of the line-ups aren't quite as interesting, imho.

Edited by mobrien

I'd say my favorite year isn't on the poll either, 1988. First legacy DVD I bought, and probably the only year where I liked every show in finals.