That's it, I'm calling it...

Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?

I think the dirtyness added to the bad-azz of the show.

:ph34r:

Ya, and if they were cleaner they could have gotten one more tenth to win outright. That would have been bad-azz-er. You need some sleep.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for a project to finish burning on a DVD. I got time to waste :)

I think 2002 is the best year. Not because of what went on at the top, but because of what went on that the bottom of Finals. The great corps went so deep that year. Even the first corps out of Finals (BK) was great!!!! (I certainly think they should have been in Finals and Spirit should have been out)

You know what might be a better indicator of the all-time greatest year in DCI history?  DVD sales.  Has DCI ever released the statistics of what year's DVD has had the most copies sold?  I'd be interested to know what the order is.

That's a great idea! I'll check with a friend and see what he says.

You know what might be a better indicator of the all-time greatest year in DCI history?  DVD sales.  Has DCI ever released the statistics of what year's DVD has had the most copies sold?  I'd be interested to know what the order is.

I think they said a while back that the 1989 "Legacy" was the top seller. Of course, things may have changed since then.

I think they said a while back that the 1989 "Legacy" was the top seller. Of course, things may have changed since then.

Plus that does not include 2000-2005. :laugh:

Yeah, you're probably right Dan, even if the population is in fact pretty equal. After all, the person who remembers 1980 will have no trouble remembering 2000 as well. But it doesn't work both ways. So while I can remember 2000, I have no idea what the 1980 season was like.

There's always recordings, but realistically you're going to be biased in favor of what you know and that favors the more recent years.