That's it, I'm calling it...

Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Of those listed in this thread, which year was the best ever?

yes, but SCV was 5 letters

D I R T Y

And I care because.......? :P

loved it, but not as clean as BD

But WAY better show than BD.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and finally Crossmen to place a solid 6th and cap off a late season surge with much success.

~G~ as much as I would like to think Crossmen placed 6th in finals, unfortunately placed 7th. 27th beat them by .6.... ^0^

1982 was an awesome year but I still think 1980 was a nail biter too. There were many innovations with drill that year that only lead to what drum corps are doing now. It was a style change for guards .....unfortunately we didn't get credit for the change. Not until BD came out with their new unis in '81. See I told them we should have had a different hat! :sshh:

And I care because.......?    :P

But WAY better show than BD.

hmmm.... i dont know if i agree....

how do you mean better show?

like for me, SCV had the crazy emotional intense show and BD had the crazy fun clean show... i just liked BDs more b/c it was so clean... im not a guard person so i wouldnt know for sure, but SCVs guard made their show kind of blah for me... very dirty i think, and BD was just wow

~G~ as much as I would like to think Crossmen placed 6th in finals, unfortunately placed 7th. 27th beat them by .6.... ^0^

Ugh, thats the second time you caught me with a typo. Making the late season surge was the 27th Lancers I out Crossmen there instead, I dont know why.

Yikes ! Fixing it now

~G~

1982 was an awesome year but I still think 1980 was a nail biter too. There were many innovations with drill that year that only lead to what drum corps are doing now. It was a style change for guards .....unfortunately we didn't get credit for the change. Not until BD came out with their new unis in '81. See I told them we should have had a different hat!  :sshh:

Sandy,

read the whole sentence, maybe its poor grammar but I have it correct, 27th Lancers overcame Bridgemen and finally Crossmen to place a solid 6th and cap off a late season surge.

Guess you really were wishing Crossmen stayed in 6th, huh ?? :P

~G~

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO HARD.

Lets see 1999 (Santa Clara Vanguard, Cadets, Blue Devils, and Madison Scouts) amazing shows

Lets see 2000 (The Cadets YEESSSS, The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard) oh so amazing

Lets see 2003 (Blue Devils, The Cadets, Phantom Regiment *******, Crossmen,)

how do you mean better show?

like for me, SCV had the crazy emotional intense show and BD had the crazy fun clean show... i just liked BDs more b/c it was so clean... im not a guard person so i wouldnt know for sure, but SCVs guard made their show kind of blah for me... very dirty i think, and BD was just wow

Power. Pure Emotion and Power. SCV's show just connected with me on a level that no other show has ever done. The Canyon. I mean, come on.

1999 SCV was an amazing show. Visually dirty but did you think the audience gave a crap? Standing ovations for the folding block (the crowd still rings in my ear).

I think the dirtyness added to the bad-azz of the show.

Hands down that show was awesome.