WHAT JR CORPS HAS THE BEST CHANCE TO COME BACK

it's ashamed 2-7 didn't come out again last year when DCI was in Boston. From what I understood, the ball was in their court but they declined. :(

One of the single reasons that made 94 such a big hit was the intended timetable put on the project. It was billed as; ONCE More in 94. This was a major selling point to the membership. They were only going to need to put their lives on hold for ONE year! We spent that single season living the lives of "rock-stars" brought back as a reunion concert tour!

Sorry to say, but the shelf life of an Alumni / Reunion Corps rarely seems to last after only a few viewings. We saw that coming! After 94, there was still enough interest to keep it going as the 27th Lancers Alumni for one more year before disolving. Membership went down. Interest parted. A lot of new blood came in for 95, but left EVERYONE comparing 95 "back to" 94.

Randy and I have spoken numerous times about the Madison Alumni Project. THEY GET IT! They are coming out at Camp Randall as the '06 Drum Corps Rock Stars! It will be a ONE-TIME ONLY EVENT! Madison's Alumni alone will be worth the trip to DCI.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure seeing Madison's alumni corps would be exciting but the thing that made that 2-7 exhibition in '94 was the fact the corps hadn't been around for a while.

Madison Scouts is still here, so if they play "old school" tunes it will surely educate the young DCI members as to what we old people grew to love.

Now Bridgemen has the opportunity to shine like "Rock-Stars" at DCI East. I'm looking forward to see some bananas this summer!

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

One of the reasons I believe the Bridgemen will not compete again is because DCA rules are too confining for a group who thrives on pushing the envelope. In an Alumni environment the envelope gets real big and the oportunity to entertain grows exponentially

Edited by RichDeCapio

You are correct in that "Light Brigade" has no affiliation with 27 although they like to claim that they are. This is just not true. They may have some 27 alumni who march with them, but that does NOT mean they are 27 or ever will be....:). And that is as far as it goes as their affiliation...to set the record straight.

And to answer the original question, 27 did come back as an alumni corps and did so in 1994...successfully and did what they set out to do.

Not for nothing..

But if I were you.. I wouldn't decline affiliation with anyone trying to further the 27th name.

IMO.. it's a ridiculous notion to NOT encourage any form of drum corps. Even those that still claim

their heritage with the 27th Lancers.

The alumni corps were a great thing to witness.. But I know what consisted of that corps.

And to project the Light Brigade as something LESS than what was put on the field in 1994? Is disingenuous at best.

Sharon

Not for nothing..

But if I were you.. I wouldn't decline affiliation with anyone trying to further the 27th name.

IMO.. it's a ridiculous notion to NOT encourage any form of drum corps. Even those that still claim

their heritage with the 27th Lancers.

The alumni corps were a great thing to witness.. But I know what consisted of that corps.

And to project the Light Brigade as something LESS than what was put on the field in 1994? Is disingenuous at best.

Sharon

Please... disingenuous? The fact remains they are NOT the 27th Lancers and they do not have permission to portray the 27th Lancers. It is not a ridiculous notion, they are the ones who continue to disrespect the history of the corps and they continue to mess with the line of history by changing parts of the uniform, "Just enough" to look similiar, so they can "fool" people into thinking they are 27th Lancers alumni.

It's ridiculous what they are they doing without the permission of the owner/directer and founder of the corps the 27th Lancers. They are not nor will they ever be the 27th Lancers. The only affiliation is that some are alumni and very few are not even Lancers. Quite frankly I'm sick of it.

It's disrespectful to me as a true Lancer alumnus that they are disrespecting George B. and his particular wishes..You know they aren't true Lancers cause Lancers would never do anything half ###.

Have you ever heard them live? I have...and I don't think you know what is going on or you would never accuse me of lying. I think you need to leave this one alone unless you have more facts then I do? Which is highly unlikely.

Edited by Lancerlady

Alright ladies...

Lets all take a step back and chill out a bit. Simple fact is that LB is NOT the 27th Lancers, if they were, they would use the 27 name and portray much more overt links to 27 than they do. I think that in this case you are both right and both wrong... to a degree.

I'm the one who is right and I know what I'm talking, I'm on the alumni board of the 27th Lancers and I am very, very close with George B. and family.

Edited by Lancerlady

Okay, I know they are coming back as a Jr. corps in a year or so, but I would really love to see the Troopers as a Sr. corps?Alumni corps. They were the corps that invented touring and wouldn't be cool, especially in the age of corporate sponsorships...."is this thing on....*cough cough cough8...is this thing on"....if Sr. corps could do mini tours.

Now anyone wanna argue.... :worthy:

I'm the one who is right and I know what I'm talking, I'm on the alumni board of the 27th Lancers and I am very, very close with George B. and family.
Lancerlady, please calm down and stop acting like a ten year old. Your cause is good but your aproach is child-like.

CHILL-------------- alumni corps are for FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. first off, i don't post much here, but I do read just about everyday. The Bridgemen will be ALIVE again in 06. We will be hosting our own show, and some small shows here and there. OH YEAH, we will be at one other small show, maybe you've heard of it???? The DCI Eastern Classic on August 5th, 2006. And trust me, YOU WON'T WANNA MISS THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and by the way, no competing, all exhibitions.

Come Join us in this wonderful thing that's happening in good ole Bayonne, the ***hole of the earth!!!!!!

John