WHAT JR CORPS HAS THE BEST CHANCE TO COME BACK

Lancerlady, please calm down and stop acting like a ten year old. Your cause is good but your aproach is child-like.

CHILL-------------- alumni corps are for FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not the one acting like a child and I'm not the one going around calling people liars. :) Some need to step back and read how I was approached and then you will understand.

I am only standing up for the truth of the matter. If you were approached in that manner and only knew half of what I did, you would understand.

As far as I'm concerned I'm done with the issue, I've said what I've had to say about it..now I return you back to the thread...

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for nothing..

But if I were you.. I wouldn't decline affiliation with anyone trying to further the 27th name.

IMO.. it's a ridiculous notion to NOT encourage any form of drum corps. Even those that still claim

their heritage with the 27th Lancers.

The alumni corps were a great thing to witness.. But I know what consisted of that corps.

And to project the Light Brigade as something LESS than what was put on the field in 1994? Is disingenuous at best.

Sharon

"NOT TRUE LANCERS"

I agree with you Sharon, many of the members of the Light Brigade are true and original 27th lancers. They earned the right to enjoy and preserve their memories through what ever corps name, legally they may have to use. Some of the members were in 27th from the beginning, they didn’t jump on the band wagon, they built it.

"NOT TRUE LANCERS"

I agree with you Sharon, many of the members of the Light Brigade are true and original 27th lancers. They earned the right to enjoy and preserve their memories through what ever corps name, legally they may have to use. Some of the members were in 27th from the beginning, they didn’t jump on the band wagon, they built it.

WELL SAID BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"NOT TRUE LANCERS"

Please go back and read my post, and don't take my words out of context. I said that there are 27th Lancers alumni involved with the Light Brigade and I said that there are some affiliated with them that are not true lancers. That is what I said. You took my words out of context.

Furthermore, just because they marched doesn't give them the right to take a name that doesn't belong to them legally without permission. That is simple copyright law.

If there is something else you would like to say about this you can pm me about it instead of bringing it out here like this. I was just setting the record straight on something I know to be facts.

it's ashamed 2-7 didn't come out again last year when DCI was in Boston. From what I understood, the ball was in their court but they declined. :(

One of the single reasons that made 94 such a big hit was the intended timetable put on the project. It was billed as; ONCE More in 94. This was a major selling point to the membership. They were only going to need to put their lives on hold for ONE year! We spent that single season living the lives of "rock-stars" brought back as a reunion concert tour!

Sorry to say, but the shelf life of an Alumni / Reunion Corps rarely seems to last after only a few viewings. We saw that coming! After 94, there was still enough interest to keep it going as the 27th Lancers Alumni for one more year before disolving. Membership went down. Interest parted. A lot of new blood came in for 95, but left EVERYONE comparing 95 "back to" 94.

Randy and I have spoken numerous times about the Madison Alumni Project. THEY GET IT! They are coming out at Camp Randall as the '06 Drum Corps Rock Stars! It will be a ONE-TIME ONLY EVENT! Madison's Alumni alone will be worth the trip to DCI.

One thing that surprises me is that I have not heard of a senior or alum corps in Ohio. One would thing with Glass, Bluecoats, and now Capitol Reg. there would be more of an alum presence out that way.

With all the drum corps alumni living along the I-90 between Chicago and Rockford, my vote for a successful "comeback corps" goes to the Guardsmen. They were my "first" corps 14 years ago and I wish more kids in that area knew about the activity.

Anyhow, a lot of people I marched with still live up that way, as do many of my old corps "mentors". Their presence would sort of cut in to Royal-Airs and Kiltie turf though.

Speaking of alumni corps...

I wish I could be back that way this summer to see Regiment's alumni corps perform - even though they are not "dead" by any means, a Regiment alum corps with throwback uniforms (no plumes!) and #####in' rifle line would rock my socks. :tic:

-TGB

Let's keep this on-topic, which is........"JR CORPS HAS THE BEST CHANCE TO COME BACK".

Thanks.