Favorite corps to never make Div 1 finals?

dbg

gonna have to go with southwind, as a former member of capital regiment, i absolutely loved the competitiveness between the two each night we performed together and aside from loving to see capital regiment make finals, I would have to go with Southwind here, and also Mandarins.

Two very classy corps!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southwind, Capital Regiment, and Pioneer.

~>conner

East Coast Jazz what a joke. Stay with the topic please.
Wow. Aren't you the epitome of class?
umm last time i checked wayne, ECJ was a corps that did not yet make Div 1 finals...

looks like the only joke here is you, and your failed attempt to 'look cool'

In 1997, '98, and '99 East Coast Jazz performed in Div 1 Quarterfinals, finishing as high as 19th in '98. So even though ECJ is a div 2/3 corps, they were being scored as a div 1 corps in each of those events, giving them as much of a chance as anybody else there at making div 1 finals.

I wouldn't be calling another corps a joke unless you know what you're talking about. I recall someone from the Troopers calling ECJ a joke after our performance in Worcester, MA this past summer. Well, Troopers, why don't you look and see where each of us placed in our respective divisions.

I don't believe the subject of this thread is "State your opinion and feel free to bash one another" To clarify, It could be taken both ways. Cause the corps are not considered Div 1 corps even on prelims. They are judged on the same sheet and they become a DCI member corps by placement. If you recall, when Magic came back, they were a div II corps and were considered as such till "after" finals when they decided to move back into Div I. DCI made the Magic restart in Div II because of a new rule change they made earlier that year.

Edited by DCIAGEOUT

I forgot how to spell their name... L'insolite in '88.

Florida Wave and Marauders come to mind, too.

Is it possible that Wayne meant that ECJ was not a div1 corps and therefore it is impossible (or a few years ago unrealisitc) to include them in this topic? I must be the only one who read the post and didnt necessarily take it as a slam on them.

It speaks for itself - doesn't it?

Good lord - you have to get out more.

<**>

Yes, how naive and stupid of me not to take the worst possible meaning to everything that people say.