dancer in the dark

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy: God Bless that Ballad my favorite ballad EVER

I personally prefer the Cadets version.

Is there anything in the bell front brass family (drum corps legal) that sounds more like a french horn than a mello? When I listen to drum corps and symphonic/orchestra music, the element I find missing in corps that I really like is that raw kick ### french horn sound, mellophones come close sometimes, but just don't have the same balls IMO.

I personally prefer the Cadets version.

Is there anything in the bell front brass family (drum corps legal) that sounds more like a french horn than a mello? When I listen to drum corps and symphonic/orchestra music, the element I find missing in corps that I really like is that raw kick ### french horn sound, mellophones come close sometimes, but just don't have the same balls IMO.

Yeah, the new prototype Yamaha mello :worthy::worthy:

Heh...have we seen these anywhere yet? Any info on them?

I've heard that the low C's and below are drastically improved intontation and sound quality-wise, and lots of the other notes that mellos play more often are much more accurate with pitch. That's all I really know.