Which Corps will break top 4?

Ok, in my opinion top 6 was very strong this year. If you look at Madison, Crown, Bluecoats shows from last year and then compare to this year, they are much more mature as a corps. I thought Bluuuu's show this year was awesome(especially finals b**bs ), and both Crown and Madison made strong improvement from 04'. So with that said, do you see these 3 corps becoming more of a threat to the usual top 4 in the following years and who will be the first to break into that next level?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison has been at that level before...so I don't think they really count.

Bluecoats.

Madison has been at that level before...so I don't think they really count.

Bluecoats.

Thats true, but everyone knows that for a while Madison was MADISON. They didn't make finals in 02'. But in the past couple of years they have started to get that good ol' Madison style back. Lately these 3 corps have been farely close in scoring, so therefore Madison would count!

And actually, I think Blue is really in a different class than Madison and Crown right now (with Madison on the cusp). They were almost 2 full points up on Madison and almost *4* full points up on Crown. 4 points isn't really close. The Glassmen were closer to Crown than Crown was to Blue.

Edited by geluf

I'm not going to vote b/c I'm WAY too biased towards my team, the BLOOOOOCOATS.

But here's what I see ...

-- Bluecoats have the steady improvement over the past five years and seem to know how to peak at the right time. A talented and consistent staff, along with a massive influx of talent from Texas have helped. Now, what many don't realize, is that they have only had a full-time director for about three years. Throw in financial security built in over the last two years and this corps could continue its climb.

-- CCrown obviously has a design team that knows how to push the envelope while still entertaining the audience. I unfortunately have not seen them in person in years, but from all I read and hear, they are pointed in the right direction.

-- Madison ... are they back or not? At the start of last year, people were saying their show could win it all. I saw it ... and wasn't THAT impressed. They finished right about where they should. However, if they ARE back and they start drawing the talent on and off the field they used to -- let's face it, they've got the other two beat in "name" quality -- they could be the leader of this group.

Either way, let me just say one thing ... the Bluecoats appeared to be heading in the right direction by taking 7th place in 95 and 96, but fell out of the Top 12 in 99. Count Madison, Glassmen and Blue Knights in that same category of cracking the top half of the top 12 only to fall out in a year or two. Anything can happen in this middle group ... consistency is the key. Staff, talent, design, money ... it all has to be consistent or else a major drop-off could occur. A great year in any of those areas (well, not necessarily money) could push any of these three up a spot or two (can they hold off Boston and SCV, too?), but a bad year in any of the three areas could also push them lower ... any two of the three areas could push them out.

Here's hoping that the breakup this year (BD-Cavies not top 2; SCV not top 4) continues and more upheaval is on the way for us fans of "everyone else" ... as in "the top 4 and then everyone else" from the last 6 or 7 years before this one.

- R -

And actually, I think Blue is really in a different class than Madison and Crown right now (with Madison on the cusp). They were almost 2 full points up on Madison and almost *4* full points up on Crown. 4 points isn't really close. The Glassmen were closer to Crown than Crown was to Blue.

Thank you for pointing that out.

I think I love you ... oh, nevermind.

- R -

I'm hoping Madison not only cracks into the top four, but

continues to build a consistant enough program to stay there.