6:44

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

I would not have made the post without hearing the "incident".

Have you ?

Also instead of using the word "blame"

Don't you agree it is a matter of taking responsibility?

And who else than DCI?

I haven't heard it. I was asking drum corps fan if he heard it. I'm curious to hear and sure I soon will.

It is about responsibility. Like I said, noone at DCi did it on purpose - it must have slipped through. With that said...have you brought this to DCI's attention so they can address it for you? Or are you looking for someone here at DCP to take responsibilty? Just bringing it to our attention doesn't solve your problem. You have to take it a step further.

I understand that this kind of profanity does take away from the "family show" aspect of DCI. However, you're purchasing a CD of a LIVE performance. And despite the un-popularity this statement will bring, "Drum Corps is a stadium event." People will probably never agree on whether or not it's appropriate to yell during a drum corps show. I think it is, others think it isn't. Profanity yelled probably isn't right at any point.

But you're purchasing a CD of the LIVE performance. If a plane goes overhead during the show, you get the plane. If the soloist blows chunks, you get the chunks. If someone shouts, you get the F-Bomb.

See where I'm going?

Then again, these are just my thoughts. It's unlikely that I'll buy the CDs, so I should probably defer to the people who are going to purchase them.

Great point.

That I believe is a seperate situation.

It would be nice if we could pinpoint those who are the guilty parties.

Again though it is DCI's event.

Such enforcement would need to come from them.

And they would need our support in pinpointing the guilty.

Unfortunately, we live in times where common sense and courtesy are gone. People will always yell rude things at shows. What happens if someday, some jerk yells something really insane and completely destroys a corps finals recording? It's a possibility. It could happen. Nothing we can do about it.

DCI isn't alone in this. There have been numerous incidents in sports where players use obscenities live on TV. Take NASCAR, Tiger Woods, NFL for example. Bad words make it on air. Somehow, this one slipped by someone. The reason I asked if drum corps guy had heard it, is because we fans listen to the recordings in a much different way someone at DCI does. We pick apart every single thing in it. DCI doesn't. They have 100's of things to do in addition to getting the cds out in a timely manner so fans don't complain like always.

If there is soemthing on the cd that got through, they can't go back and fix it now. What's done is done, but they can at least address the problem on future cds by listening for such obscenities and still have time to fix it on the DVDs.

And yes ,I did notify DCI.

I spoke with Rick,merchandice manager for DCI.

He is definiteky looking into it.

It somehow was missed as they try to release the CD asap.

It will probably be cost prohibitive to reproduce that disk.

Maybe we can see if DCI wants to develop a stategy to pinpoint the guilty.

It would also be important they share with the public when the guilty has been

And yes ,I did notify DCI.

I spoke with Rick,merchandice manager for DCI.

He is definiteky looking into it.

It somehow was missed as they try to release the CD asap.

It will probably be cost prohibitive to reproduce that disk.

Maybe we can see if DCI wants to develop a stategy to pinpoint the guilty.

It would also be important they share with the public when the guilty has been

Now we're talking. Nice job.

Oh no!!!! No one has ever heard that word before!

IMHO, it's probably just an honest mistake by DCI, no need for a witch hunt. Might be nice to get a replacement cd however.

Oh no!!!! No one has ever heard that word before!

IMHO, it's probably just an honest mistake by DCI, no need for a witch hunt. Might be nice to get a replacement cd however.

I'm sure that the FCC's reaction after the Janet Jackson Super Bowl was not "Oh no!!!! No one has ever seen a breast before!"

I guess it's a good thing that that portion of BAC's show wasn't on the ESPN broadcast, otherwise the FCC would be coming down on DCI. Even so, they should have scoped the recordings for things like this so that a "parental advisory explicit lyrics" sticker doesn't have to get put on the CD's or DVD's. It is DCI's fault, because they are in charge of getting people edit and finalize the recordings. I'm not irate about it like some people are (although I haven't heard it yet myself), but ultimately it is DCI's responsibility.