Carolina Crown

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to all auditioning at Crown this year. While I was not a fan of 2004 with the singing, I was incredibly impressed with their 2005 production. You could tell that the corps had heart, and I am excited to see what the corps can do in the upcoming years....

uh, well I'm pretty nervous.

I found out, we wont be playing 2006 music this camp (although, I might get a peak at it hopefully,) but we will get to read some of my favorite stuff from the encores, Bo Rap, and maybe 2005 music.

I'm going to have fun... I can't wait.

~>conner

im pretty sure they wont announce their 06 program until banquet which takes place durring december camp. anyways if you are going to be there i may see you. what are you auditioning on?

mellophone.

~>conner

Good luck to all Crown members and hopefuls, and good luck to a great corps!

As PhantomR says: nevermind on this one.

I'm going in on baritone. I am soooo nervous, since I've only been playing a brass instrument for a few weeks and a month. I've been practicing so much, and I really hope to get a spot. '05 Crown is the first DCI show I ever saw. I was just exposed to it over the summer, when I went to watch a friend who was marching with the crossmen. '05 CC floored me. I've played saxophone for ~6 years, and have marched for 3 years in my HS band. After the only exposure I've been getting to marching shows is local marching bands, seeing a drum corps perform a show like Angelus was breathtaking. I'll never forget the beginning of that show, which brought me into loving drum corps.

Although I'm only 15(16 in May), I've been practicing at least an hour a day for the past month and a half. If I don't make it this year, then I'll definitely be ready next year. I can't think of anything else I would rather pay $1,600 and devote my entire summer to.

What a great attitude this is! Don't be nervous just remember to breath and learn as much as you can from this experience. Good luck and remember you can tell them you're not an original baritone player. If you don't make Crown maybe you could try out for another corps and get some more experience. Just don't give up. You have a great attitude.

Good luck to you, Conner and all of you that have try outs! :)

Talked with someone this weekend.....Crown won't announce their show til June. :) Enjoy