DCA 2006

DCA ROCHESTER, NEW YORK...............

On behalf of the city of Rochester & the Empire Statesmen (Host Corps) we would like to thank everyone who had a part in making this come back to the area.

We are here to answer any questions you may have. Anything you need just ask. We want to make this a great experience for everyone who attends. If you need help along the way in your planning and have issues simply email and we can try to help out. The Local committee will work along side of the Greater Rochester Visitor's Association who is very used to hosting events of this size. With Eastman Kodak, Xerox Corporation & Bausch & Lomb all headquartered in Rochester we are used to dealing with huge amounts of people. Hotels are all set and ready to go. All housing will be handled through the local housing bureau and it is one stop shopping. Very soon a simple form will be up on the DCA Web page that will be very easy to download and your all set from there.

Rochester, New York has a wonderful Drum Corps history and we will be sure to make your experience wonderful again. At the BRAND NEW PAETEC PARK.... WONDERFUL STADIUM. It is very large in person... I stood on the field and was shocked at the size of it. The photos don't give you the real feeling of how big it really is.

Questions please feel free to email at:

empirestatesmen2@aol.com

Give us a chance and we hope to thrill you!

Allen Buell

Business Manager

Empire Statesmen &

Local Chairman

2006 DCA World Championships

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. It sure sounds like you people are willing to give lots of help to the out-of-towners. I have one concern though, I've heard so much about the neighborhood on this site, and I'm curious about the security we will have. Or do we need to bring our own protection? This sure sounds like a scarey place for DCA, and I hope we don't have many bad instances to spoil our weekend.

Please re-assure the folks on this site about the security we will have (I hope).

Anyone from that area care to comment?

dont believe everything that you hear and read. the area is not that bad.

I work face to face with the neighborhood folks every day. If your looking for trouble you might find it. Mind your own bussiness and " out of site out of mind " nothing will get stolen. Enjoy your stay in the city of Rochester, we have alot to offer.

DCA ROCHESTER, NEW YORK...............

On behalf of the city of Rochester & the Empire Statesmen (Host Corps) we would like to thank everyone who had a part in making this come back to the area.

We are here to answer any questions you may have. Anything you need just ask. We want to make this a great experience for everyone who attends. If you need help along the way in your planning and have issues simply email and we can try to help out. The Local committee will work along side of the Greater Rochester Visitor's Association who is very used to hosting events of this size. With Eastman Kodak, Xerox Corporation & Bausch & Lomb all headquartered in Rochester we are used to dealing with huge amounts of people. Hotels are all set and ready to go. All housing will be handled through the local housing bureau and it is one stop shopping. Very soon a simple form will be up on the DCA Web page that will be very easy to download and your all set from there.

Rochester, New York has a wonderful Drum Corps history and we will be sure to make your experience wonderful again. At the BRAND NEW PAETEC PARK.... WONDERFUL STADIUM. It is very large in person... I stood on the field and was shocked at the size of it. The photos don't give you the real feeling of how big it really is.

Questions please feel free to email at:

empirestatesmen2@aol.com

Give us a chance and we hope to thrill you!

Allen Buell

Business Manager

Empire Statesmen &

Local Chairman

2006 DCA World Championships

I am glad to see that Empire is on top of this.I have full confidence in the management of empire to pull off one heck of a show.

Two things that will help make the show great for the participants.

1.Practice areas very close to the entrance gate so we don't have to walk a gazillion miles to the field.

2.Water and porta potties available before you go on the field.

I can't tell you how Important number two is to a corps.

I know in Scranton it was up the the corps to provide the water.There was some sort of mix up and the water did not get to us in time.Seems like someone went and got some water from somewhere but there was not really enough to go around.

All the DCI shows and Rockmart we performed at had water available to us before we stepped foot onto the field.It was sure nice.

2.Water and porta potties available before you go on the field.

I can't tell you how Important number two is to a corps.

Especially when you have to go #2, right? ^0^

Actually, I've found that having to pee before going on the field leads to a good show. Don't know why. On the other hand, David Bruni having to be before going on the field means "TEMPOS WILL BE UP!!!". Hello shin splints. :P

Especially when you have to go #2, right? ^0^

Oh heck yes.

Nothing like having IBS right before you go on the field.

Actually I think that the people who run Crusader shows have done it more than ES. I am hoping that both Rochester corps will be helping out in making this an extremely successful championship.

I am hoping to be working with some corps this season and am looking forward to going back to my second home ...Rochester.

Rochester isn't as bad as you think. I played in many places in various areas of the city and always felt safe. The downtown East End Fest they have once a month is great and fun!

This will be a great year for DCA I am certain.

Actually I think that the people who run Crusader shows have done it more than ES. I am hoping that both Rochester corps will be helping out in making this an extremely successful championship.

I am hoping to be working with some corps this season and am looking forward to going back to my second home ...Rochester.

Rochester isn't as bad as you think. I played in many places in various areas of the city and always felt safe. The downtown East End Fest they have once a month is great and fun!

This will be a great year for DCA I am certain.

Now that its been decided that the show is going to Rochester we need to put our best game face on to make this a great experience for the fans.

WE don't need to talk bad about the area and scare off potential fans.Fans afterall are the reason we do this.

Now that its been decided that the show is going to Rochester we need to put our best game face on to make this a great experience for the fans.

WE don't need to talk bad about the area and scare off potential fans.Fans afterall are the reason we do this.

True...don't scare us fans away, but, we need honesty too. I don't need to come back to the parking lot and not have a car there. Not to mention the fact that you don't have to be looking for trouble, sometimes a group (gang) of punks are just waiting for something like this to be in their neighborhood to 'pillage' (sp) the people. I just hope there is adequate security around the stadium at night.

Whatever the case is, I hope the spectators come in droves for this DCA. This is going to be GREAT. :)