ALL STAR DRUM CORPS'

Had some great conversations with my good friend "Cappy" of the Skyliners at Scranton. Rumor mill say's that Larry H. and Tony D. have been discussing doing the Macy's thing next year. Anyone else heard this?

Had some great conversations with my good friend "Cappy" of the Skyliners at Scranton. Rumor mill say's that Larry H. and Tony D. have been discussing doing the Macy's thing next year. Anyone else heard this?

I haven't heard about it but that would be great if they did it again. I actually watched the parade the years they did it

Ooooh, I hope so :)

Anytime people can get together to do what we do, its always a fun time. I met some of my best drum corps friends on the way to the DCM ALL-STAR parade in New Mexico. FUN FUN FUN!!!!

That would be very cool, but thats only a month or so away so I'm assuming that people would know about that already?

Fun parade though :) Did it in highschool!! Long and cold, but fun!

This is always an "All Star Drum Corps" for the Galveston Madri Gras every year in Feburary. Gulf Coast Sound invites members and ex-members of all corps to join in on the fun. We have a mass rehearsal/party on Friday night and we march two parades on Saturday. One starts around 1pm and the night parade starts around 6 or 7 pm. People come from all over for this event. For the past two years, we have had members from this year's DCA Class A Champions Chops Inc. and the Class A runner-ups Governaires march with us. Check out the corps website for futher details about next year's event. http://www.gulfcoastsound.org.

:)

That's all fine and good, BUT When have you EVER seen anything, on a televised parade, but floats or the MC's? I have never seen a drum corps. It really ticks me off to.

I stopped watching parades on t.v. a long time ago. It's just to frustrating. The waiting and hoping. ~snorts~

the All Star D&BC got pretty decent coverage on NBC for the MACY*S parades! they completely blasted over the MC's when the cameras cut to them at the end when they rounded the corner of the MACY*S building. :P

somewhere i think i still have '94 on tape!

That's all fine and good, BUT When have you EVER seen anything, on a televised parade, but floats or the MC's? I have never seen a drum corps. It really ticks me off to.

I stopped watching parades on t.v. a long time ago. It's just to frustrating. The waiting and hoping. ~snorts~

I remember way back when....... The Cabs would either start and/or end the Macy's Parade. In 1994 the All Star Corps' opened the "Today Show" on the tuesday before Thanksgiving day (man was it cold....temp was like 20 degrees....thank goodness for that coffee shop) and featured no less than 6 times that morning. I also have the taped parade, which was/is AWESOME

b**bs Lotta work but well worth it.

Having said all that, you're right Cindy. Not nearly enough exposure.