Announcer for Cadets at Finals

So at finals the announcer says "Drum majors Will Plenk and Zim Julick, is your corps ready?"

Shouldn't it be Jim Zulick?

Normally it wouldn't be so egregious, but since it's in the middle of music, it's not like it can be left off of the cd. His name is Jim Zulick, right?

I don't know, but I chuckle every time I hear it because I can't really make it out so it sounds to me like 'mint julip' :)

Hahaha, I think he did say that. Never heard that before.

And some ### needed to yell "they're always ready!" What a clever compliment to offer the Cadets.

::grumble grumble::

Hahaha, I think he did say that. Never heard that before.

And some ### needed to yell "they're always ready!" What a clever compliment to offer the Cadets.

::grumble grumble::

*Sigh* That's for the Blue Devils, guys!

Re announcers mangling names....happens all the time....just not on the CD!

Gary Zinter (BD 83-86) We heard Gary "Pinter" and "Zipper" a lot in 84

And of course....there was Dream's 05 DM at the Sac show...Marion Hopper...too bad HIS name is MARLON!!!

We were laughing right there on the line!

*Sigh* That's for the Blue Devils, guys!

Is it the staff or the volunteers? I recall hearing it a lot during BDB's performance as well.

Is it the staff or the volunteers? I recall hearing it a lot during BDB's performance as well.

Pretty much anyone...staff, volunteers, alums like myself...random crowd who've been around awhile....

B corps yells it for the A corps....A corps yells it for the B corps (if B goes after A, like at Family Day)....and let's face it...EVERYONE yells it for the C corps!

I've heard some pretty creative pronunciations of DM names, but that's a pretty cool one. Sometimes simple names like "Adler" got messed up. My age-out year, though, one DM's last name was Mlakar. I kind of had pity on the announcers then. (Sometimes they pronounced it "Marklar" like that one South Park episode; that always brought a chuckle).

In 2001 somewhere, they announced "Drum Major Joel Carter, is your corps ready?" We had two drum majors, and neither was named Joel Carter. I think he was Madison's or something.

One time, they announced our corps director as our drum major.

Nobody could stop from chuckling after invisioning our director up on the podium conducting.

Still laughing now.