Renegades announce 2006 Brass Arranger.

You know, I figured it would take about three nanoseconds before someone "went there"

<**> <**> <**> <**>

I'm sure he will arrange us a kick ### show, as he will for Cabs, for SCV, and for all the other groups he writes for. This man is a professional, and we couldn't be happier to have him on board.

It's up to US to take what he writes us and go KICK ### with it!

Rich Skare for President!!!!!! of what I don't know, but definately president. Travler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that analogy only works if he were, for example, going to be drum major for both corps ... or maybe even a full-time instructor, which is also not the case for either corps.

Someone who is a professional composer and arranger, by definition, works for many different musical organizations. Think of it as Steve Speilberg directing two films in one year. Yeah, at the end of the day they compete at the box office, but both films are completely different from one another, and the audience can see and appreciate both for what they are.

Renegades and Cabs are both exciting corps who are very good at what they do ... but what they do is as different as comparing apples to television sets. These two corps are only at the same show exactly two days a year, and don't even play instruments in the same key, no pun intended.

So, I think the dual-corps role is interesting, but not such a big deal as it might appear at first blush.

HELLO EXACTLY!!

Key is awesome. The Renegades are awesome. We are awesome. Yes it will make for some teasing and poking fun at Key's expense (love you Key) but it will also make for a fun rivalry. I'm looking forword to hear what Key can do for the evil ones. I think it's cool. It's his job people, relax. It's not personal and he does not need to declare his supreme loyalty to any drum corps. Why would he? He'd be broke.

Key just remember like an old girlfriend, we had you first. You always remember your first time. I guess Renegades claim sloppy seconds, lol.

All in fun boys and girls I am a fan of the Renegades ( so freakin loud) and look forword to an awesome 06.

Rump!

^0^

Hey!

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco...

So what's he going to write? Or did you announce that and I'm just dumb? Since Brass won't tell us what we're playing maybe you can let us know what 'Gades are doing. Have any spots in the top of the bassline?

Hey!

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco...

So what's he going to write? Or did you announce that and I'm just dumb? Since Brass won't tell us what we're playing maybe you can let us know what 'Gades are doing. Have any spots in the top of the bassline?

:worthy:

Hey DaPuke!

If you really want to become evil..just pick up a horn and play your b**ls off baby. I just don't understand why you'd want to ..Maybe you need to hook up with Rich Skare and he can show you how to play Contra..just like Danny Jones learned from Jimmy P. Then you can truly be evil, methinks.

You drummers, I dunno about about youse guys... :P

Pat

Question

Has this ever been done before? An Arranger in either percussion, Brass,or guard, do it for two Corps on the same Level the same year?

Happens all the time in DCI. Look at Paul Rennick with Phantom Regiment and Carolina Crown in the early '00's. Two top notch programs with two top notch percussion sections. Jeff Sacktig writing drill for both the Cadets and Capital Regiment in '04 and '05. Those are just a few examples that come off of the top of my head. :)

Happens all the time in DCI. Look at Paul Rennick with Phantom Regiment and Carolina Crown in the early '00's. Two top notch programs with two top notch percussion sections. Jeff Sacktig writing drill for both the Cadets and Capital Regiment in '04 and '05. Those are just a few examples that come off of the top of my head. :)

So Jami -- How come everyone in drum corps seems to know you?

That is not a smart-*ss comment or anything ... it is just funny that everyone I know, including people in Renegades ... seems to be your friend, or at least know who you are. Somehow, you are famous.

Maybe you and Mistress Kelli can form some sort of famous pitsters club... lol. B)

:worthy:

honestly, i'm not entirely sure. I meet new people every year I do this activity - that's about the only thing I can think of. :)

i'd love to be in a club with Mistress Kelli - she rocks. B)