News! updated

I hope SCV gets JW back...

Do you remember that they did not renew his contract? So they basically fired him because they thought they could find someone who could do the job better. Yes, they placed higher when he was the director, but that is only a small part of his job. The director needs to be a good manager of people, a good manager of money, be able to follow the policies of the BoD.

I'm not saying that JW didn't do any of these things, I do not know the reasons for the BoD not renewing his contract. However, the BoD felt that he was not performing his job in the best manner, so they found someone that they felt would do a better job.

I remember a quote for JW back in 99 saying that he had received a job evaluation and there were a few areas of concern from the BoD (this was all public) and those areas were the reasons given for not renewing his contract. He did not state what those reasons were, nor should he or anyone associated with SCV state those reasons. That is a confidential personnal matter.

JW may have had a higher placing corps, but obviously, there were off the field concerns that needed to be addressed. And the BoD did their job and address these in an appropriate manner.

I am not currently, nor have I ever been associated with SCV. This is just my opinion based on all the public information, and my knowledge of professional personnal matters.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the spring and over the summer there were several SCV alums who were concerned about various issues with the SCV board, its constitution and or by-laws.

Have these concerned alumni gotten involved in either a letter writting campaign or attending board meetings and airing their concerns? Is the SCV BoD making any changes ralated to the overall structure of the organization (borad, by-laws, booster org. etc.)?

I hope SCV gets JW back...
Bring Back JW :blink:
lets start a petition, lol
In the spring and over the summer there were several SCV alums who were concerned about various issues with the SCV board, its constitution and or by-laws.

Have these concerned alumni gotten involved in either a letter writting campaign or attending board meetings and airing their concerns? Is the SCV BoD making any changes ralated to the overall structure of the organization (borad, by-laws, booster org. etc.)?

You are all invited to join the SCV Boosters and do the necessary work to become a voting member. Until then MYOB.

You are all invited to join the SCV Boosters and do the necessary work to become a voting member. Until then MYOB.

Well, this IS a discussion group...if that is true, it's also true to say the same about discussions over decisions made by the DCI BOD regarding things like multi-key, amps, WW, etc...

Mike

Well, this IS a discussion group...if that is true, it's also true to say the same about discussions over decisions made by the DCI BOD regarding things like multi-key, amps, WW, etc...

Mike

There is a huge difference Mike! Anyone can join the SCV Boosters, become voting members and be elected to the BOD. You can’t say the same thing about the DCI board.

There is a huge difference Mike! Anyone can join the SCV Boosters, become voting members and be elected to the BOD. You can’t say the same thing about the DCI board.

Relax Paul. This IS a discussion forum, and last time I che checked, this IS America. I get kind of tired of the moderators on DCP shutting down topics left and right, and I get tired of you telling everyone to MYOB.

Relax, and let people discuss.

::High School Cafeteria::

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

:worthy:

First and foremost... Lets remember the TOPIC of this thread. It is about the appointment of the new SCV director. It is NOT about George Hopkins or amps. If we cant stay ON TOPIC, I will shut this down.

Sorry if that annoys some. After all, it seems that I must be going out of my way to close topics...

Paul has a point. There are many times when people are uneducated on the topic at hand, yet still act like they know what is best for a corps...There is a reason JW isn't with corps any longer. A good reason at that..I am aware this is a discussion board and people have a right to their opinions. As an alum I have faith the BoD will do what is best for the organization. They obviously know more about the situation than me, and for that matter everyone else...Please keep that in mind.

chances of JW being the new director are slim to none i would believe(even if i would love to see it), but if he had financial issues that led to them finding some one new, why not find a financial director and have that person take care of that, personally i feel a director has too hard of a job dealing with keeping the corps alive as an organization, keeping money around, and on top of that keeping the "soul' of the corps alive, keeping tradition, atitudute, look, feel, and keeping up the spirits of the members, something not many people can do, i'd say have th corps director be the one keeping the "soul' of the corps alive with the member, tradition, all that jazz, and then hire a financial director to take care of the desk work.....are my ideas to crazy???