What makes a good corps.

2005 was my first year marching drum corps. but if I had to describe what makes a corps. good in one word, it would be Dedication, of both staff and members. How would a corps. progress if not all of its members did not love performing, marching, playing a horn, spinning a flag, or improving at what they do? Also what would happen to a corps if its staff wasn't dedicated enough to motivate us, or push us to improve? And you can't forget the support staff, they're dedicated to do things like cook meals and help and injured teenage get back on the field as soon as possible. They make things run smoothly as well, like when 110 very hungy teenagers that have been marching all day are waiting for a very good, hot meal. I know there are so many other words that describe drum corps. but I feel dedication is probably the most important. Just my opinion.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your respective opinions, and thru your experiences, What do you feel is ONE WORD that describes how to have a successful drum corp season? (I kno there are many)

I say: CONSISTENCY.

People make a corps. But for it to be a good corps, they need to show dedication

Agree with the "kids" above (I'm 48) on dedication. That goes with the rebuilding last place corps I started with, the 6th place corps I thought I ended with.

Annnnnnd include the other rebuilding corps I rejoined (learned a show in 6 weeks) and the parade/standstill Alumni corps I'm in now.

Definitely agree on the "dedication" comment.

If at the end of the season, after the last show has been performed, everybody can go home happy knowing that they performed to the peak of their potential and that they did the best job they could, then I would call that a successful season, even if the corps finishes dead last.

Definitely agree on the "dedication" comment.

If at the end of the season, after the last show has been performed, everybody can go home happy knowing that they performed to the peak of their potential and that they did the best job they could, then I would call that a successful season, even if the corps finishes dead last.

w/Stp: , sans stupid.

consistent excellence.

(aka box 5)

this comes from dedication and perseverance...no matter what might happen (in our case losing bass drummers, drum majors, timpanist) :P

plumes.jpg

Plumage, maximum plumage.

If you have the right plumes, everything else will fall into place.

Dude, you know you can't talk about that here :sshh:

:laugh:

revert to morse code

.._ .__.. ..._ ... _ __.... .