was drum corps MEANT for pressure?

well, It's that time... the time to pick, and audition for a drum corps.

I hope to march this year... The trick is picking a corps.

I was thinking about Memphis Sound... then I got talkin to one of Crowns upperleads this year, and he REALLY wants me to try out for Crown.

I dont know what to do. On one hand, I am pretty sure I could make Memphis, and Crown... well like 60 mellos audition. On the other hand, this guy seems sure I could make it, at least on second part.

I have one shot. Either memphis or Crown. If I audition for Crown, and dont make it, I dont march. That's pretty much it.

::laugh:: I dont know what to do.

~>conner

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

def a lot of pressure for me too.

but it's good for me because where i live, im 2 hr drive distances to at least 7 corps.

Memphis is a great corps that is taking steps slowly but surely. The experience is great and you will really grow as a person and a player. Great things are coming for this corps in the future..and that future starts now.

Out of curiosity, what would prevent you from auditioning at Memphis if you don't make Crown?

Ultimately do what you want to do...you're the one who will have to look back on it when you're older. (Just sayin')

Another little piece of advice from my own experiences: you'll never know if you don't try!

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do!!

:D

Memphis. You'll be able to learn and master the trade with a smaller corps with people more your age. You have A LONG time to march a Div 1. Don't rush into things if you're uneasy.

Take what we say with a grain of salt. Don't just go somewhere because people are telling you to. Sit down and think your options through and then come to a decision on your own.

Out of curiosity, what would prevent you from auditioning at Memphis if you don't make Crown?

parents.

My parents dont even really want me to audition at all.

~>conner

if you really want to march bad enough then take the choice where you think you have the best shot.

parents.

My parents dont even really want me to audition at all.

~>conner

If your parents are a concern they might feel more comfortable with you marching a smaller corps (especially if you live close to Memphis). They might be more supportive of you moving into a top Div I corps after they see how you grow and mature through a good experience in a smaller corps.