SCV 06

1995 - 96 transition --> lots of staff changes, including the corps director (for the better)

2005 - 06 transition --> lots of staff changes, including the corps director (although this time, there really was nothing wrong with the former director)

I see a slight parallel, don't you? :)

Go get 'em SCV!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know back in 1980 no one ever dreamed that SCV would be knocked out of the top 4.....well in '80 they placed 7th only to rebound in '81 to win the championship! So ANYTHING is possible.

Edited by Malibu

34 straight finals appearances... only a fool would bet against 'em.

Too much talent in the NorCal band circuit to keep SCV down considering there are only two big times in the region, both differ drastically in style, and both are considered legendary in the activity. With that said, if anything can bring SCV down, it's financial/organizational problems. Considering their rabid alumni backing, hard to imagine even that having a long term impact.

^^^^

Agreed. Is it possible they won't make finals? Yes of course. It's also possible that the Indianapolis Colts won't make playoffs this year as well though. Probably not going to happen but not set in stone either. I have no doubt that SCV will get in without any problems.

With that said, if anything can bring SCV down, it's financial/organizational problems.

I think the recent director/staff transition shows that there are no "organizational" problems at SCV. Financially, I haven't a clue as to the state of their finances, but none of their recent booster correspondence has contained anything resembling a panic button.

I'd say we all just sit back, wait for the show announcement, and try to create a scenario for a 3 way tie in 06 that would vindicate Vanguard, Rick, and Myron b**bs

if only that were possible....

I think the recent director/staff transition shows that there are no "organizational" problems at SCV.

Wasn't trying to imply that there are, regardless of all the chatter... though it definitely might have come off that way. The primary point was that it would take much more than an 8th place finish to knock 'em out.

SCV is in great shape and I know that Jeff and the staff will do a great job B)

All my best to SCV