THIS is dedication

If she isn't already marching somewhere, quick, someone go get her! That's the kind of kid we need marching drum corps.

Edited by EdMedina

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was the kid in Jester last summer that had a cast on his foot and marched the whole show!!! Ouch!!!

I remember this happening to the guard captain at SCV in '94, The Red Poppy. She was tossing those Russina Hammer Props and BAM, right in the kisser. Her lip was split and swollen for days. OUCH!

On another note, for some reason I always get a kick when stuff like this happens. If it's DC, gymanstics, whatever it is I just love seeing that junk. My wife thinks I'm sick! Probably am. ^0^

On another note, for some reason I always get a kick when stuff like this happens. If it's DC, gymanstics, whatever it is I just love seeing that junk. My wife thinks I'm sick! Probably am. ^0^

you not the only one. but not because of the injury but because that someone went on and finished the show and went out and did it again hurt. because i always would hear while i was in highschool that people who marched were weak and what not(the one ones who didn't say that oddly enough was the football team because they use to watch us practice, and my one friend who was on the team happened to be at my house while i was watching the DCI finals on PBS and was there when we had heard about a girl falling breaking her arm then then finishing the show. and he told the other kids on the team about that) but when you tell them that someone marched injured with something that require someone on a sports team to be carried off the field and taken to the hospital and keep them out for a while. and yet someone in drum corps or a band is back the next week.

and it's more fun to look at my cousin when he says somthing to me about people who march being weak(he's at that stage where because he is 16 and on the football team is the greatest thing to ever walk the earth.)and will complain about being sore or what ever. and then look at me and go you don't know what it's like to do anything physical and noone who does what you do could put up with this. and to be able to tell him.show him that people march on broken feet, ankles, legs what ever. right after breaking them, to see the look on his face is priceless.

(**note** incase it looks like i don't like sports i have nothing against sports. i love almost all sports and have played many either on teams or pick up games(quite well too) and am looking for a rugby club right now to join**note**)

i remember hearing about a snare that snapped his ankle in the opener and finished the show...dunno how true it is though...

I think that was SCV '97 not positive I only saw the show once, but I know there is one year where you can clearly see the snare player break his foot and continue to march the rest of the show. SICK!

I think that was SCV '97 not positive I only saw the show once, but I know there is one year where you can clearly see the snare player break his foot and continue to march the rest of the show. SICK!

On a finals DVD?? I gotta watch that.....

I'm also reminded of the girl from Cascades who caugh a sabre with her head at the Mt. Sac show in 03...dunno if she finished the show, tho.

It's guard...getting hit with the equipment is part of the game...the REAL stud factor is what Megan did to finish the show. Good job....

She indeed finished the show!

The SCV story of the snare drummer is quite true, but I thought it happened in 91....

Also, a young man with a prosthetic leg marched the entire season with Pioneer a few years ago. They featured him in Drum Corps World, and I guess he was in severe pain every day. Talk about heart.