why do I go through this?

johnric

I find it amazing how non comitted I find our Bari players. I mean sure some of them are there all the time. Without fail, but some just refuse to say where they stand??

Is it that there is more testosterone in male bari players???

last year our 20 person bari line was the best section in the whole corps...

now.. we are at like 16ish and I feel like we are getting our butts kicked!!!

our contra line is at 10, mellos at 17 and sops at 30 but only 16ish baris?????

I need some aspirin :rolleyes:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amazing how non comitted I find our Bari players. I mean sure some of them are there all the time. Without fail, but some just refuse to say where they stand??

Is it that there is more testosterone in male bari players???

last year our 20 person bari line was the best section in the whole corps...

now.. we are at like 16ish and I feel like we are getting our butts kicked!!!

our contra line is at 10, mellos at 17 and sops at 30 but only 16ish baris?????

I need some aspirin :rolleyes:

Must be the size of the bore... b**bs

The same problem exists in the music business (big bands), with trombone players!

Of course, it might just be that soprano/mello envy!!! :P

well.. I wouldn't call it bashing...

I love my line and I only want it to be great again.

lets just call it "tough love" :P

You got to remember this is Senior corps.

Not everyone that is involved in the activity can give as much of thier time and passion to the corps as you do.

I find it frustrating at times when I look around my own corps and seeing people coming and going as they please.Not showing up for rehearsals or not practicing thier music since last camp.

But then I think to myself that at least they are making the effort to being a member of the corps and not sitting at home during championship weekend.

Not everyone that is involved in the activity can give as much of thier time and passion to the corps as you do.

If only more people would realize this. I find it frustrating to be a part of a corps who's driven per say. And when you happen to show up an hour late due to traffic and construction delays, and get nothing but flack for making the effort and showing up. Even though you left home over three hours before rehearsal started. And otherwise would have been on time IF... IF... IF.......

As a distant member, I save at least $25.00 in gas by missing a rehearsal. More if I march where I want and not just the "local" corps out of convenience. When there's a commitment almost every weekend from February through September, the corps becomes very inconvenient. And downright expensive if you don't live within 30 miles of home base. Of course it helps if you know the entire seasons schedule at the start of the season, so you know what you're getting into to start with.

The section varies from corps to corps. But there's always one. In juniors it was the Sopranos because that's where they put all of the non brass players who wanted to march. In seniors it seems to be baritones. I guess that's what they have the most of out in the shed, or otherwise feel that that's where they'll stick out the least.

As long as 50% or more of them show up every rehearsal, you're probably in a good corps. If you've got 80% for 90% of the time, probably a really good corps. I've been in corps where 50% of the corps shows up one camp, the other 50% the next. It sounds like yours is better than that, so "don't worry, be happy".

I don't know John, maybe it's just you.

^0^ ^0^

You know I'll be at the next rehearsal :)

And Jim, you know who to call for a trombone player...I'll be back in town in a couple weeks.

Miss you guys!