SCV staff announced!

I am excited to meet the Brass staff. Looks like we have a lot of well educated people that should give SCV's Brass sound a big boost! b**bs I am soo excited, I've been waiting to go back now for a while.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they haven't announced it yet.

something i just noticed: they have 3 bass tech's and 2 cymbal tech's.

the only percussion staff members that haven't marched SCV are the caption heads and Johnathan Steele (who is now entering his 4th year as a bass tech for SCV)

Steely John knows his ####. he's Xmen alum and man, is he a keeper.

how do you know what the show is

i know what it is. key told me himself.

it's called "les phantom on the west side roof of spamalot"

i know what it is. key told me himself.

it's called "les phantom on the west side roof of spamalot"

more like:

Attraction: pahtways in the age of inventions for les phantom on the west side roof of spamalot in a metropolis, the modernist and color

also, John Steele definitely knows his stuff and is bad ###. Kent Cater is God. and Chris Cyr marched 2nd bass 1999-2001, so yeah...bass staff is definitely loaded. i can't wait till friday!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gbassman5

Here's hoping that the staff being put together will "gel" and be a really great one for SCV - I have faith. In business anyway, when a star manager moves companies, it's known that that person alone will not guarantee star-level performance and that they often don't repeat their feats. I imagine that it is likely the same for D&BC, and believe it's a combination of various things, like individual talent, team talent, and the right atmosphere, that will help make something great - not a single fact like "s/he just aged out of SCV" or "s/he was a great caption head at XYZ Corps" or the like.

Anyhow, I'm hopeful that the corps itself and the senior staff will be able to pull it together again. Besides, their placement last year was a rarity in their overall history.

Here's hoping that the staff being put together will "gel" and be a really great one for SCV - I have faith. In business anyway, when a star manager moves companies, it's known that that person alone will not guarantee star-level performance and that they often don't repeat their feats. I imagine that it is likely the same for D&BC, and believe it's a combination of various things, like individual talent, team talent, and the right atmosphere, that will help make something great - not a single fact like "s/he just aged out of SCV" or "s/he was a great caption head at XYZ Corps" or the like.

Anyhow, I'm hopeful that the corps itself and the senior staff will be able to pull it together again. Besides, their placement last year was a rarity in their overall history.

I'm with you 110% Rick. There are some great instructors on this staff, but they really need to gel to get this corps back in the running for a title. Here's hoping they can do it. Go Vanguard.

Jeff Gorring was on staff at southwind for the last couple of years... He worked with the tubas at SDub and 05 and most people seemed to enjoy our low brass sound, so I can imagine he will do a great job at Vanguard.

more like:

Attraction: pahtways in the age of inventions for les phantom on the west side roof of spamalot in a metropolis, the modernist and color

no he said the non Broadway stuff was too intellectual and he was afraid the DCi judges would crap on it for being too artsy fartsy