Cadets Macy's Performance

Chatted with Tiffany & a young friend in the Cadets' contra line after the parade; it is a VERY long morning, and the corps had the afternoon off to do whatever they wanted in NYC, but most looked like what they wanted to do most was take a nap :P

My son's in Kennesaw Mountain's band, and he commented that the crowd was really receptive-- lots of cheering every time they'd stop and play. I was near the end of the parade route and enjoyed hearing people go nuts for the performers. The people that go to that thing LOVE parades, and just being in New York during Thanksgiving week (Lights! Traffic! A gazillion people!) tends to up the excitement factor.

The KMHS band's directors are Star, Cadets, and Crown alumni, so their rehearsals do tend to run a *great* deal like a corps rehearsal.

The M&M's balloon that took out a lightpost globe was right behind the kid's band; they couldn't turn around, but later said, "huh-- we thought we heard something going on back there".

I'll tell you who did manage to get a bunch of corps and band members' attention: Disney's "Cheetah Girls", who were all dolled up (the stylist must have had her hands full that morning-- the makeup! the hair! They looked like contestants in the Miss Texas pageant) and waving from their float. We saw a whole bunch of shakos swivel around to get a better look :P

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic