Cadets Macy's Performance

They were great, but when they were jamming out, I clearly noticed two trumpet players laying out and not playing. One was an asian-american female (is that PC?) and the other was a male. Maybe they were alumni and didn't know some of the music. Did anyone else notice? Everyone was jamming out and they were just going through the motions with their mouthpieces barely touching their mouths. Still, they schooled all of the marching bands!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody really think the Cadets uniforms for this year were a permenant change? It seems so obvious to me that they were just for this years show! Of course the cadets were the best sounding group there. They should be. There were only two college bands there and the rest were all high school kids. Are we expecting a high school band to beat the Cadets?

my thought exactly. you couldn't have expected the cadets to be that sketchy with velcro on their uniforms for years to come

First off....

THEIR OLD UNI'S ARE BACK!! HOOORAY FOR OLD AND CLASSIC UNIFORMS! b**bs

& I would be willing to bet they were/are 100x louder than all the other bands there today. Great job, great gaurd too, Im glad they represented the DC community with a great performance.

Though I did like there performance (Cadets), I doubt they were louder than Ohio U's band. The sheer numbers make a significant difference. I would, however, agree that they had the best intonation.

... Didn't Jacksonville State perform? If they did, then I would say that the Cadets were not louder than them, either.

But hey, GO CADETS!!! (I don't usually say that)

I know this is :OT: , but I have to say it!!!!

Today, at Macy's on NBC, the Louisiana U mello line did a rip/run up to high C at the end of their piece and I'm pretty sure they ALL cracked it.

God, I wish I had recorded that!

*runs and hides....

OK, back to the regularly scheduled topic.

Give dem Cajun's a break...day ain't used to dat cold wetha!

Did anybody else catch the other drum corps members in the parade? During the performance by The Brooklyn Steppers, they mentioned that they were joined by members of The Cadets of New York City. If you watched closely, it was pretty obvious that many of the drummers in this group were drum corps-style or trained drummers.

caught that....the drumming gave it away. from show band style to kick ### corps style in a second.

great day for drum corps period gang. like em, hate em, they got major tv time.

Really? Not IMHO.

Sharon

ZzzzzZzzz

caught that....the drumming gave it away. from show band style to kick ### corps style in a second.

great day for drum corps period gang. like em, hate em, they got major tv time.

i wish someone has it online! i wanna see it again

I must be the only person that was disappointed in their performance. The Bb horns simply cannot match the sound QUALITY AND QUANTITY delivered by the 95 corps, and the arrangement seemed lacking.

They sounded better than the other bands I heard, but that really isn't saying much. Multiple rhythmical ticks and a PLETHORA of hornline problems were very apparent.

Give dem Cajun's a break...day ain't used to dat cold wetha!

Criticism of The Cadets + excuses for the Cajuns = hypocrite

ALL the performing groups should be given great praise if they had to perform after a morning schedule similar to The Cadets. A 3:30 AM dress rehearsal followed by hours of waiting around followed by a killer parade and then you finally get to perform.