Drum Corps Tattoos

Hey, this gave me an idea...how cool and extreme would it be to put bones thru our noses, stretch our earlobes about 6 inches, notch our ears, stretch our necks with piled-up metal rings, bind our feet, and cut designs into our skins that we rub dirt into to create raised scarring...(did I miss any)?

But wait - would it still be cool, extreme, rebellious and "independent" if everyone did it??

<**>

What is so hard about just walking away dude? You've established that you disagree with what this topic is about. You've made your point. It would seem then, that after expressing your view, you would be mature enough to leave the thread alone. I guess I'm mistaken.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my birthday present.Designed it myself

I got the Kiltie crest on the left arm

DSCF0024.jpg

Cute!!!!!

I had thought about getting the CV star at one time. Then I've thought about getting 26.2 after the marathon. I have such a low pain tolerance though so I know I'll never do it.

I say lighten up about whatever piercings/tatoos though. I had a few teachers that had tatoos and they showed all the time. As far as getting a job, it totally depends on what you're doing. Yeah I can't see an accountant walking in with a nose ring at most firms but I bet there are some out there!! I think its all the persons progative :) It's not like the holes won't close up if she gets tired of it :)

Ive actually given so much thought to getting a tattoo, i've never marched in a corps before so that would leave those out, although i do really like the cheveron... instead i was thinking of soemthing musicallly related b/c music is such a big part of my life...

any suggestions? or designs?

Why does it even matter if you're going into teaching?

It matters because in many professional areas, including teaching, there are dress codes to contend with. Just because more people are doing it these days doesn't mean that companies ( and schools, and hosptials etc) are ok with their employees not projecting a professional appearance.

Many employers (including many retail outfits, Disney World, the military etc) have corporate policies that forbid you from having any visible tatoos and body piercings ( other than the "standard" one in each year). This is to uphold the professional image of the company. So if you have visible body art and want to apply work at these places your options are:

1. cover it up

2. not work there.

Before people jump all over me, I have a tatoo and got it when I was 18. I am glad I had the forethought to put it somewhere that was covered up with normal dress. I got it for me, not for the world and now 11 years later I am glad that it wasn't showing in my wedding gown and that I didn't have to get creative while dressing for work. ( ALL of my jobs from retail to working in a hospital have had the no visible body art policy. Oh and in retail you could only wear one ring per hand unless it was a wedding set).

Hope this helps clear up why someone would be concerned because they are going into education.

wow, Dawn - looks like you've matured quite a bit since I saw you last, good for you

wow, Dawn - looks like you've matured quite a bit since I saw you last, good for you

What's up Brandon? Yeah, I meached with u like 5 years ago.....I definetly don't look anything like what I did when I was 14, and the unpierced pic...that was taken 3 years ago.

Ive actually given so much thought to getting a tattoo, i've never marched in a corps before so that would leave those out, although i do really like the cheveron... instead i was thinking of soemthing musicallly related b/c music is such a big part of my life...

any suggestions? or designs?

my one friend has a tattoo on her ankle of a star made out of Trebble Clefs.

but as for people saying about the rules some places against tattoos. it is true. my older brother worked for pepsi as a driver, and when he would check his truck or help load it with the other drivers while they were checking and helping to load their trucks before they went out on their routes for the day, in the summer they would take their shirts off(it gets hot in baltimore in the summer) and when they asked him why he never did he just said he gets sun burn pretty bad. but he didn't because on his shoulder was a tattoo of the pink panther with a top hat and cane he got when he was 17. and one of pepsi's rules were no tattoos.

and i read over the summer before going into work one day that some police agenices are making rules that make cops cover their tattoos if they already have them and are telling them to not get one if they don't have one yet.

the rules that alot of places have against tattoos are why when and if i get one it will be on my upper arm or shoulder where i can hide it or show it off.