Drum Corps Tattoos

i found this tattoo on dci.org http://dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=d93f8...86-f454adeac28b pretty nice i think

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

norMember' date='Nov 27 2005, 04:10 PM' post='1215434']

Wow, you guys make me want to get one of my corps. I don't know if I could stand the pain though. How bad does it hurt? I will probably get a tattoo of the Bandettes logo or something.

Have a colored flue-de-leis , green, yellow, and red, and " Madison " written under it ,,, right bicep area. Madison was also my bassett hounds name , she just died 2 years ago ,,she was 20 years old!!!

I got my tattos probably 15 years ago,,and unless things have changed alot ,,it does hurt!!! :( The first one fleu-de-leis didnt seem to hurt as bad as the smaller " Madison" under it. Dont know why that was. Also depends where you get it. Fleshier area hurt more then tighter skinned areas, on my tatoos at least. :huh:

I've got a tat of a bugle on my left bicep. There's a musical staff intertwined in it, with 3 measures of the onfield warmup we played my first year with the corps. Of my 7 tats, definately the most special, and meaningful, one that I have.

norMember' date='Nov 27 2005, 04:10 PM' post='1215434']

Wow, you guys make me want to get one of my corps. I don't know if I could stand the pain though. How bad does it hurt? I will probably get a tattoo of the Bandettes logo or something.

LIek I had said before...along with a few others... It really depends on where you decided to get it on your body. It also has a lot to do with the artist. I cannot express how important it is to go to a clean reputable shop. Check out the possibe artists portfolio and ask around about the shop and artist. My first tatoo was done on my left calf. It hurt a ton, the next one on my back (on my spine) seemed to hurt less. They were done by two different artists. The first had a vert heavy hand. He pretty much made hamburger out of my flesh. It was a real job to fix what he did. THe other artists have had a really light touch and the pain was a lot less. If the artist is too light with the needle the ink will not stick, if the needle goes too deep it can leave scars and not heal too well. Sometimes it takes more than one sitting. If the tat is large, or your skin gets too irritated some artists will do it in mulstiple sittings, waiting for the outline or one part to heal before doing more or finishing your tat. Just make sure that you go to someone who knows what they're doing, and will do exactly what you want. Also, You get what you pay for. Most shops have a shop minimun(usually $40-$50) they must charge to ensure that the artist gets a decent cut of the profit. The more detail, and the more solid color in your design, the more it will cost. If you go into a shop and ask what the cheapest tatoo is...you shouldn't be there..Go into the shop with an open mind and be ready to spend quite a bit to get exactly what you want. Sometimes just asking to make the design smaller or bigger will change the price drastically. Also, very often where you put the design factors into the cost. It's much harder to tatoo on a neck, hand, foot, females chest, or other places where there are a lot of bone or where the skin stretches when you move. Happy huntiong for anyone searching for a shop. If any of you are going to the Battle Creek MI show on July 15th and are thinkin about gettin a tat...hit me up. I know an awesome shop not too far from the stadium. They're a great group of guys who will give you an awesome price.

Just a little bit of info for those considering getting a tat.

^0^

-DAwn

Too many corps

too many years

• 5 months later...
n26705300_32137875_6194.jpg

wow... you've got some kahones.. not literally but ####