Regiment Repertoire

Go to the www.DCI.org Season Pass and spend $2.99 to download PR 1986.

http://seasonpass.dci.org/audio/view.cfm?m...69-bb2bf9465d01

However, we can only hope that the 2006 show is significantly better than what we did 20 years ago. Listening to the 86 closer (Resurrection Symphony), you can easily imagine how the rich, lush sound of the PR brass today will make the piece amazing. And they're certainly starting out with a better team of designers and staff than we had in 1986. The 1986 show was designed to be a throwback to the corps' style of the 70s but it fell flat on its face. I have to believe they are planning a much different approach this year.

Looking forward to it, as always!

That's right! Duh..I toured with them in 86, (most of the summer), THAT's where I remember that from!

b**bs Thanks for the reminder, I have this DVD, I'm fixin to listen to the closer. Cool beans.

But they should do the black and white uniform idea with the silver sashes on both, that would be way cool! :)

And in 86 they came in like 10th place I believe..so...:).

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Phantom should go all black, but wear a gold sash in celebration of their Gold Anniversary #50. Retro, yet highly emotive.

Wow, you should work for Cesario. :rolleyes:

what is the Faust tune?

~>conner

I totally called Mahler about a month ago. It is an absolute must for them to wear the black unis. A show cannot be this dark and wear white unis.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... statements such as the one quoted above make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

The all-black uniforms were the worst mistake the Phantom Regiment ever made.

At any rate, it sounds like a great repertoire selection, just so long as they don't hack'n'slash the music to death to provide visual impact points or whatever. Don't want 'em to put me to sleep in a late 90s - early 00s SCV sort of way. If they just play the music in a fairly straightforward fashion, it ought to be awesome.

I wonder what it would be like if the corps used BOTH black and white uniforms during the show?

Or if they did white in front, black in back? :rolleyes:

dont give them ideas.

~>conner

Mahler's 2nd?? SERIOUSLY?????

I was fortunate enough to be able to perform that once in college. Not on trumpet, but in the grand chorus with the Kalamazoo Symphony, singing the Bass II part. Other than sitting on stage completely still and completely silent for 70 minutes and then having to sing as soft and as low as you've ever sung in your life ("Auf eh eh ehe eghgh cough cough stehn") it was a pretty awesome experience. Since then I've been fantasizing about Phantom Regiment and ONLY Phantom Regiment doing it on the field! And the whole corps sings that first statement by the chorus, UNAMPLIFIED! Talk about hearing the voice of God!

That would be pretty sweet if they sang it. But either way, my prediction is that Phantom Regiment wins their 1.5th DCI championship in 2006!

By the way, according to corpsreps.com, the last time ANY corps played ANY Mahler was Phantom doing 2nd symphony in 1986... 20 years ago.

The all-black uniforms were the worst mistake the Phantom Regiment ever made.

Yet they won their only title with all black??? :rolleyes:

The black uniforms with the red guard outfits were perfect for the 1996 show. I CAN'T EVEN imagine that show in the current white uniforms (which I LOVE by the way)!!!! ^0^