An Evening With THE Madison Scout... Scott Stewart!

Madison Shows 1974-2002  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Madison Show?

2. 2. Scott's last four years with Madison

Can Scott fill us in on what made him leave the corps? Also what is he up to now? Is he working with anyone besides the alumni corps? Does he have bad feelings about the corps now? What does he think about the corps performances these past couple of years?

Hey, it's okay, don't worry about the kind of questions to ask. Scott will decide what he'll respond to, and I can assure you that his love for the activity (perhaps as it was, once upon a time) still excites him as always. He's told me that talking about his experiences with others is something that he is grateful to be able to do, because there was a time not long ago when he simply couldn't bring himself up to the task of talking about it at all... the good and the bad. If someone were to make a movie about his life in the activity, it would certainly contain the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. But, he's been able to find life beyond drum corps... and it's good. Today he wants only the best experience possible for every member of every corps.

Sadly, it is my understanding that he has not viewed a live performance of the Scouts since the night of DCI Semi-Finals in Madison in 2002. Other than the DCA Championships the last few years, a few DCM shows in 2004/2005, and a Div. II/III show this past summer, he has had little public presence in the activity. It's funny though, with such little exposure to corps for three years now, I must admit that I have yet to find anyone to be his equal when it comes to having a genuine fire and passion for real drum corps. He's a pretty up-beat and positive guy today, with an incredible since of humor!

Anyway, it will be great to relive some awesome memories this coming Sunday. Stay tuned!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went out to DCA finals in 2004 with the Govenaires, we picked up Scott along the way. Roman Blenski was driving the bus. There were a lot of great drum corps stories from the both of them, it was a real pleasure most of the bus ride there.

This is going to be a treat for those who go.

I still remember speaking to Scott and Jim Mason on the field at a DCUK show in '88. Both top blokes. My question to Scott- With all thats happened since, do you remember England 88 and how was it a worthwhile trip?

I am no Scott Stewart, but...

As an '88 Scout my favorite memories of finals pale to the incredible welcome from the local drum corps welcome, and the crowd response at our performances and clinics.

It was an incredible honor and experience to have been a part of that trip.

Thank you Holland, Germany, and England!

I still remember speaking to Scott and Jim Mason on the field at a DCUK show in '88. Both top blokes. My question to Scott- With all thats happened since, do you remember England 88 and how was it a worthwhile trip?

It was perfect trip in every way, my Scout brothers and I talk about the experence now (as near 40-year-old-men,) as if it was yesterday!

(would drum corp kids Hang out in Amsterdam bars these days given the chance?? besides BD)

we did some cool stuff in England and even hit the Hipp-adrome!

Edited by Cop

thanks for the replies fellas, you still get talked about round here when we meet up and have a beer.

I've been to hundreds of gigs and even seen BD live now but when you guys turned round for the opening hit of Malaguena and let rip, that is the most emotional I've ever been thanks to music. I still get goosebumps to this day, even just thinking about it!

Thanks for my memories.

Scott and I go waaaaaay back we did things then that were not quite the norm. Come to think of it the even further from the norm now. Thats what happens when a wholesome kid like Scott Stewart from the midwest lets 3 crazies from the east coast enter the inner sanctum of the Scouts. We did things you would not do to a farm animal. but we did it with class. Mention our name to Scott even today and he still will blush, shake his head and say " those are my guys" . In for a penny in for a Ton!

RF

Friends:

Thanks for all of the great emails and messages for Scott. Please keep them coming, along with other great ideas like some have suggested, such as making a short greeting video from Scott and Junko to post to all well wishers, and a slide show (photos) of the event.

Here's your opportunity to ask Scott specific questions about your favorite Madison show, tradition, myth, or anything else that you've always wondered about in regard to the Madison Scouts. We're looking forward to a great event on Sunday, and we hope you'll be able to share in it. Pass the word! Bye for now!

Bobby R. Lindsey

scoutquestions@mac.com

Friends:

Thanks for all of the great emails and messages for Scott. Please keep them coming, along with other great ideas like some have suggested, such as making a short greeting video from Scott and Junko to post to all well wishers, and a slide show (photos) of the event.

Here's your opportunity to ask Scott specific questions about your favorite Madison show, tradition, myth, or anything else that you've always wondered about in regard to the Madison Scouts. We're looking forward to a great event on Sunday, and we hope you'll be able to share in it. Pass the word! Bye for now!

Bobby R. Lindsey

scoutquestions@mac.com

My only question for him would just to ask how he is nowadays. I know that the 05 tour was hard on us all, I am so thankful for his talks and any time we did get to have with him. I appreciated it a lot... especially when he would break out some classic drum corps recordings and then proceed to tell us all about even the soloists we heard.

:worthy: