Cadets send newsletter - link to recording of '06 opener.

RED

the clip is the second part of the opener....the first half is 'Alone in the Crowd' from pollock, then it changes to an original by Jay

well, then it changes to "Jim's New Life" from the movie Empire of the Sun. I thought John Williams music was on the no-no list for DCI (and everyone else) these days.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, definitely hints of Jim's New Life from Empire of the Sun.

Wonder why the clips changed. The old clip is:

http://web5.streamhoster.com/yea/decemberopener.mp3

I still have it open in a browser, so I assume you can click on that link just fine...

EDIT: nevermind, that link is the same as the current link! hm, well I guess I'll keep the window open and try to figure out a way to...keep it or something...

Edited by chris ncsu

So let me be the first to say. The Cadets stole their whole 2006 show from Marion Catholic H.S.! :P

b**bs Am I gonna have to get Marc to come on here again!? :P

Oh and for some reason, when I go to the website, and I did sign in, I can't get this clip, it shuts down my computer..just a heads up to the website folks. :lol:

Okay I just took above posters advice and heard it!

That does sound friendlier. My hubby and I like it. That soprano line kicks especially for this time of year! Oops I mean trumpets..some habits are hard to break.

Edited by Lancerlady

Totally dig the "Jim's New Life" part of the show.

I played "Jim's New Life" my rookie year in Freelancers back in 1989. The Cadets version has some (actually many) alterations in their arrangement. You can tell it is inspired by JNL. Either way I can't wait to hear it on finals night.

Just go to file > Save As and it should save the mp3 to your computer....then you can post it somewhere for all of us to listen ;)

Yeahhh...I'm not sure that will work, because these clips play themselves in the browser window using Quicktime, I don't really know if it's saveable??? I can check again when I go home this afternoon, as long as the power doesn't blink and my computer resets itself b**bs

wow, that's amazing for a December camp

More logs for the fire, from George's weblog (12/14/05):

The Cadets center production will be drawn from a selection called ... "You Are My Shadow", featuring a tremendous vocalist named "Lisa Gerard".

Marc, Jonathan and I were doing a clinic in South Texas when we heard a band perform the selection.

It was 2 pm, it was 90 degrees, we were standing on a lift, and the hair on the back of my neck stood at attention as they performed. I looked at Marc ... bald as an eagle as he is ... he looked at me and well, 25 years of experience told us we needed to "do" this piece. Hair or no hair -- this was something special and we knew it.

Marc has been working at creating the application for such a presentation within the program for 2006 and we think we have a plan that will allow for this to be ... well ... a showstopper.

I receive tunes in the mail and via e mail all of the time. I always listen for you never, everknow.

This time, the tune came to us, and yes, we were listening. We always are.