Favorite Drill Move of 05

Definitely looking forward to seeing that on the DVD's, I really can't picture it right now. I remember watching the PB....oh wow, forgot....ESPN2 broadcast, and noticing the contras running all over the place and generally difficult drill taking place throughout the whole corps.

I was screaming at the ESPN broadcast when Phantom's ending kicked up...."HIGH CAM ######!, GO TO THE HIGH CAM!!!"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i think my favorite part of that was when the eifle tower disolved and a circle of contras marched forward, then took a light jazz forward. They then flattened the circle by the ends pulling out, running thier ases off...

i liked it bc you dont see many contras running like that anymore...

the waterfall in the cadets opener.

and in their closer right before the end when the the 4 lines in a box around the door morph into a block and then quickly in 8 lines all pointing at the door. just incredible how the momentum of the move keeps going the same direction through it all!

also phantoms last 2 minutes ::lol::

Tho these were pretty cheesey, but effective, Santa Clara's letter's and numbers.

Madison's drill this year was def great creativity this year and a step up from years past.

Phantom last year was probably my favorite, some really great marching there. Some Cavies stuff was cool too, but nothing really new that I can think of now. I liked SCV spelling out stuff and doing the russian symbol, even though it would be considered cheesy, it is extremely exposed and they did will.

In addition to all those mentioned already ....

I particularly liked the Bluecoats thread-pulling move (for lack of a better description) -- where the box in one corner unfolded diagonally across the field. Maybe not the most dificcult move compared to some of those mentioned but that was the one move that stuck in my mind throughout finals weekend.

I second this move. I was actually going to call it a "stacking triangle" move or something. Anyway, it was pretty cool!

I second this move. I was actually going to call it a "stacking triangle" move or something. Anyway, it was pretty cool!

I'm not 100% sure, but he was talking about the end of the ballad, where the block unravels; you're talking about the trumpet feature in the closer. I didn't get to see it because I was towards the back of the field running my ### off there while they played 16th notes, but it looked cool on the DVD's too. B)

the waterfall in the cadets opener.

and in their closer right before the end when the the 4 lines in a box around the door morph into a block and then quickly in 8 lines all pointing at the door. just incredible how the momentum of the move keeps going the same direction through it all!

Yeah, I love both of those. The box around the door that morphs in 4 or 6 counts into a * with the door in the middle and the hornline hits that wonderful chord...that always makes me smile. And their rectangle that travels forward and gets warped, then the box starts to reform front to back...like that one too.

Can't wait to watch the DVD and rediscover much more from all the shows.