Piccolo Sopranos

Ahh, the piccolo soprano. I first used my chrome-plated Heritage with the Knight Raiders in '77. I carried it on me while I marched the show(that was interesting!). The Knight Raiders got a couple of pics from VK, who I believe used them in'76(the first year that 2-valves were made for pics). I believe that mine is the first 2-valver ever produced(serial #0001). I have also used it , as Chris mentioned, with the Renegades in '99,'02,'04 & '05. I also remember the Blue Knights using silver-plated DEG pics w/beryllium bells in '77(man I'd like to add one of those to my collection!) B)

Edited by DoubleHighEZ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, the piccolo soprano. I first used my chrome-plated Heritage with the Knight Raiders in '77. I carried it on me while I marched the show(that was interesting!). The Knight Raiders got a couple of pics from VK, who I believe used them in'76(the first year that 2-valves were made for pics). I believe that mine is the first 2-valver ever produced(serial #0001). I have also used it , as Chris mentioned, with the Renegades in '99,'02,'04 & '05. I also remember the Blue Knights using silver-plated DEG pics w/beryllium bells in '77(man I'd like to add one of those to my collection!) B)

:laugh:

Are you kidding, Larrie? I can't remember DEG having a pic that early..I only remember the Benge Heritage jobs like you used. I guess I never got to see BK that early, besides we had our own Blue Knight corps back then.

If VK used those pics in '76, I hope they never got caught...2 valves weren't legal till '77, if my decrepit memory serves me correctly.

Pat

:laugh:

Are you kidding, Larrie? I can't remember DEG having a pic that early..I only remember the Benge Heritage jobs like you used. I guess I never got to see BK that early, besides we had our own Blue Knight corps back then.

If VK used those pics in '76, I hope they never got caught...2 valves weren't legal till '77, if my decrepit memory serves me correctly.

Pat

I could be wrong Pat, but I thought that we used 2-valve in KR in '76, but I'm not 100% on that(I've got one of those decrepit memories too!). I do remember BK having those pics in '77, though. Bob Bunce was the director back then, and I remember comparing mine to theirs. You could take the bell in-between your fingers and bend it! Weird!

Edited by DoubleHighEZ

Samn, you're right...it was 1985. I have 1984 on the brain as I've been listening to You're Still a Young Man/What is Hip.

S'okay....you're an old fart like the rest of us....

What....you're not listening to BD? What kind of alum are you?? Turn in your card! :P

Picc1.jpg

That's Tim Benge!

I think the photo is reversed.

GABA