Feburary 11 - Chinese New Years Parade

I plan to be there again...honor guard of the Bucs. I had such a wonderful time two years ago. My first trip to SF..thanks to the Renegades. If was "an affair to remember."

Glad you had fun last time, you will again! See you at CNY!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic - Kelli, my 5 year old named your little avatar dancer girl "Sally".

On topic - For those who are traveling out here for the first time and think that CA is 'warm' year round. It's not. Dress warm for this parade under your blacks. It is at night in February.

Just FYI

She's not kidding!!! I have yet to fully figure out the weather and temperatures here!! lol

Cool, do you know how to get the sheet music? Mine's packed away somewhere. Also, do you know what we are going to play for a Cadence/Streetbeat????????

Yes, I'l fax it to Jerry Garcia at Seattle Drum Shop and you can pick it up there. And I don't think the cadence will be Mrs. Beasley. Probably the cowbell version of "THAT".

I don't have a clue what the street beat will be.

Maybey they'll play a version of the 'One Eye'd Sailor' Kelly H. knows it.

Mr's B has been done. Last summer at the Pride parade. We even played split rolls just to keep it interesting.

Mom

We played Mrs. Beasely at open house but that may have been just have more music to work on. Guess I'll find out for sure this weekend.

Oh, and if you were like me and downloaded the drumline music when the CNY page was first posted a few days back, go back to the page and download the updated percussion score.

Edited by Hulka

We played Mrs. Beasely at open house but that may have been just have more music to work on. Guess I'll find out for sure this weekend.

Oh, and if you were like me and downloaded the drumline music when the CNY page was first posted a few days back, go back to the page and download the updated percussion score.

I got the short form of "lucrecia" from the Renegade's website, under the parade info, under "percussion". Cool. I found out from Lee that we are going to learn something that day. Sound like a great day!! Let's go play some wicked notes, kick ### and have some fun!

Ok.....will there be any rehearsals before the parade? I will be there on Wednesday before the parade. I'll also need a ride from my hotel if someone could come pick me up. I'll probably be staying at the Hilton on O'Farrell.....anyone close to there??? Please let me know so we can make the arrangements.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Frank,

There is a rehearsal at site X (Treasure Island in the middle of the Bay Bridge). I'm sure that a ride can be figured out. There is bus service out to Treasure Island if all else fails. I'm coming in from the East otherwise I'd hook you up. The more soprano god's the better :laugh:

Dugada

I got the short form of "lucrecia" from the Renegade's website, under the parade info, under "percussion". Cool. I found out from Lee that we are going to learn something that day. Sound like a great day!! Let's go play some wicked notes, kick ### and have some fun!

HYPE!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^