Capital Sound

And.....We were never a cadet corps. Cap Sound was built to be a part-time corps able to offer time to spend with family and friends, to have or continue jobs, and still get full touring experiences.

The Madison Junior Scouts (a "cadet" corps) melded together with the Capitolaires to become Capital Sound.

Common knowledge here.

But, it wasn't conceived to feed right to the Madison Scouts. It would have defeated the purpose of merging the two corps. To form one co-ed corps where the gals would be stuck there and the guys offered another opportunity to march with the "Big Boys" doesn't make sense. If you asked those who marched at the time they merged the two corps together, I don't think you'll get the "feeder corps" answer you are searching for.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison bought a whole new fleet (buses, equipment truck and cook vehicle) for the 2003 season, and new uniforms. They acquired a new set of horns for 2004, and again for 2005. My condolences for the "ratty" horns they had to use in '03 - even cutting Capital Sound didn't free up enough capital (excuse the pun) to re-equip every aspect of the corps all in one year.

You're wrong. They bought nothing new. A few very ratty buses were purchased because the old ones fell apart. They did get a cook trailer which probably ended up saving the corps and the members money on food. The equipment trailer was also used...I believe an old moving truck, but it ws needed to replace an old failing trailor.

As I mentioned about the horns, can anyone tell me what type of contract the Scouts got for their horns?

what does the Madison Scouts horn contract have to do with Capital Sound. If you want to know that just bring it up on the div. 1 forum. If you actually want to talk about CS we would be happy to talk about you, but if you want to bring up our former relations with the scouts that is very old news that was hashed out 3 years ago.

As a corps we are moving on from those days and continuing to be a very strong and resiliant corps.

Word of mouth recruiting may not be the best thing ever but so far it is doing the trick. By word of mouth alone (not even word of mouth, more word of fingers because I talked to all through the internet) I brought 5 more drummers to the last camp. What we are doing is working for us.

Have a nice day

Lee

Well good luck to Capital Sound in 2006. I saw their show in prelims last year and they really entertained!

:wub::worthy:

It isn't working for me either, gives me some error message written in German.

:rock: