liebot

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**back to the topic**

w/Stp:

Edited by Gbassman5

Just watched the show now, and I really enjoyed it. It seemed like it would be a really fun show to perform. And I loved the fakeout horns up at the beginning of the 3rd section. I also really enjoyed the cymbal line. I don't really know anything about cymbal lines, but they've always fascinated me, and I really liked a lot of the stuff Memphis Sound's did. Great job! :)

Alright, well... let's move on to Yamato. What did y'all think of them? I can't really comment because i don't have my DVDs yet, but we did get to perform America/O Canada with them at retreat one show and they seemed like some people... had a lot of fun. Anyway, what do you have to say?

(if you join this thread late, feel free - feel obligated, actually - to add your comments about the corps we've already passed up... i.e, if you're commenting on yamato, but haven't said anything about memphis sound, please do so)

A nice show, loved the rifle strap work in the beginning of the 2nd section. The fakeout ending was a nice touch.

Double post, my bad.

Edited by TrumpetSquishy

It went slow last year too...

I got to see the last half of Yamato's show from the sideline waiting to go on during Finals week; my favorite parts were definitely the guard work (awesome stuff), percussion (very solid) and the final push/encore at the very end. There was a lot of energy in that small section (as with the rest of the show) and it look like they were having a lot of fun. Oh and I like the uniforms, especially the red in the mid-section. I only got to see some of their show, as I haven't bought the DVD yet, but I enjoyed what I did see.

Unfortunately I didn't see Taipei Yuehfu or Raiders, so until I get my DVD I'll have to wait until some Div. II corps that I saw on tour... :(