Positive Comments about every corps in the top 12

liebot

Surf freakin' rocks and this year was no exception!

I'll write more when I get back, I'm leaving for camp in an hour - woo!

Maybe I should pack now...

Edit: Typo. lol Yeah, I'm a little slow about it...but camp was fun!

Edited by SoonerFan04

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jersey Surf

Best overall show in quality since 00. The guard was a billions times better than 01-04 and that made a world of difference. The guard would ahve been sooo much better if the first hit was clean, and the work that mimiced the old school stuff was more old school. It would have been great if they did some old school drill there or a sunburst into the finale of Stars and Stripes. Percussion book didn't have the same Surf style to it. It was really bando. Hornline gerenally good. Impressive tone quality. The "gag" comedy came off really well and it gave the show the "Surf" to it. Overall a good show and Expecting a show 10x better than this one (not that this show was bad) in 2006 playing Moulin Rouge.

First of all i think sirf rocked this year... the "real" uniforms make them look so much better... plus those things are hott. Bets thing i have seen from them in years and they really challeneged their colorguard this time... good job. I also would like to compliment Taeipai they were pretty rocking for their first year in finals...they were almost the first international corps to take the title....dammmmmmmmmmmmmmn. Ummmm... OC was actually one of my favorites this season... too bad they got screwed by the judges. And mad props yo to freaking ECJ drum line. Since i never saw their show til the DVD...i knew they were good but MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN... some of those licks...you can jsut tell charlie is their god.... freaking wailing away ECJ Drumline..

Edited by dudes

Not Taipei's first year in finals. They were #3 in Division 3 in 2002, but were ineligible for Div. 3 recognition because there were members over the age limit (whas what I heard that year), so they were only recognized as the International Division Champions that year.

yeah...Taipei has been around for some years. They were division II at one point weren't they?

whos next...i should no.....impulse maybe? idk ...OH SURF yah....duh

surf, loved the show, i like the tune of your premiers, tho hides much dirt,,, starts off like gades 03....and idk, just enjoyed it alot

Surf plays on Dynastys.