Drum Corps Souvenirs

Bobble Heads

Posters

More Jerseys.... ESPECIALLY Hockey Jerseys.

Car Flags

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOBBLE HEADS.

and a champions through the years dvd.

and better quality div 2 and 3 sets.

~>conner

- 13-21 (or 24) DVD's for as many years as possible...

- a "standstill version" of Top 24 shows (could be recorded during the season at any time, and downloaded through "Season Pass". No more "KRYSTAAAAAAAL!" :P)

- wine glasses etched with things like the SCV "coat of arms", the PR "chevron", the Glassmen "shield", etc.

- companion DVD's for the excellent "History of Drum Corps" books produced by Steve Vickers. It could feature things like the "Brass Roots" video did, but updated to cover things that have come to pass like Star of Indiana coming and going, any-key brass passing, and thoughts on the future of the activity from folks like Hop, Fiedler, Arnold, Gibbs and so on.

- books about the activity. GM Kuzma's journal of the 1994 Blue Knights season was a nice little read. How about more from people involved in different aspects of the activity? I know Don Warren has one in the works, but what about a book by Hop about the Cadets (or even given his predilection towards fund-raising and working within YEA!...a more "Who Moved My Cheese" type book)? Or Cesario about influencing so many units? We know the names in our little niche, but not the motivations.

I'm sure I can think of more, but that's a start. :P

Better quality and more fashionable clothing. I would love a nice thick hoodie, but not for $50. Less junk with the years, ie "so-and-so marchers '06". Leave dates off some items so you can sell them for consecutive seasons. I want something I can wear for years, and wear out.

I always though ripping off current design trends (Abercrombie, LLBean, Gap) would be a good idea. How about a nice cool tee for ten bucks that just says "Crossmen" or just has a logo? I actually prefer to wear clothing that doesn't say "Drum and Bugle Corps" all over it.

Why not try and make some stuff that could be worn by the general public? Much bigger sales market for sure.

I don't get the trend of repackaging finals CDs, I would prefer to just buy the whole collection. But, why not sell a CD of corps stuff that isn't alread for sale at DCI? Many corps do this, but more should jump on that band wagon.

No Brainer Idea: Print out the drumline streetbeat score and sell it for $10. Play the streetbeat coming off the field to sell it. All is fair, so throw the copywrite holder a few bucks. IMO this is cheap to do and is almost all profit.

Does anyone know if DCI can license DIV 1 corps images? I know an individual corps can sell it's own teddy bear, but why not just contract with a teddy bear company to make them all? Like a collector's set? I don't know if corps can get together on this, but it would be cool.

A marching mini-line...

It's sad how I'm already planning the classic drill moves I would film a-la claymation if I had those things... :P

Man, I need a life!

You know, there was a fellow who did drum corps miniatures...used to be at drumcorpsminis.com. I bought some of his Cavaliers and Scouts for presents a few years back (1999ish).

Dunno what happened to him, though.

edit: can't find any big pics...but here's a small pic of some of what he did. Think his name was Forest....

Toy_f_link_175.jpg

Edited by bawker

You know, there was a fellow who did drum corps miniatures...used to be at drumcorpsminis.com. I bought some of his Cavaliers and Scouts for presents a few years back (1999ish).

Dunno what happened to him, though.

edit: can't find any big pics...but here's a small pic of some of what he did. Think his name was Forest....

Toy_f_link_175.jpg

I thought I heard somewhere he was a military guy and got called back into active service. I remember that some website used to have pics of them-- I'm almost postive there were Glassmen euphs, which I want for obvious reasons.

Glassmen have small logo lapel pins, which I liked-- I had one with the old logo which I have sadly misplaced. I'd be into cuff links, but I don't think that'd be a big seller.

Edited by BorisTS

I got a mini-messenger bag from Glassmen a couple seasons ago. Its the perfect size for a bus-bag, and its not all OMGDCI!!! (its plain gray with a gray Glassmen logo on the flap) that I can use it in my everyday life without all sorts of questions. I absolutely love it, and wish more corps would make more stuff like that rather than the t-shirts and hats and drum sticks. Wallets with an embossed corps logo might be nice.

I got a mini-messenger bag from Glassmen a couple seasons ago. Its the perfect size for a bus-bag, and its not all OMGDCI!!! (its plain gray with a gray Glassmen logo on the flap) that I can use it in my everyday life without all sorts of questions. I absolutely love it, and wish more corps would make more stuff like that rather than the t-shirts and hats and drum sticks. Wallets with an embossed corps logo might be nice.

Isn't one of the reasons we are trying to push all this merchandise to have questions asked? Don't we want to get our names out there so people -who ask questions like "what's that about?"- can know who we are.

I think it'd be nice to have some kind of little card that comes with "louder" logos (for lack of a better term) so if you don't feel like answering the questions about who your fav corps is and what is D&BC anyway, you can give them the card that already has the corps website/contact info printed on it. That way you can promote your corps and not have to talk about it.

I want the die cast Marching Mini line to return - those were amazing and I need more for my limited collection.

Wasn't that the guy who had the cool set up at most DCI shows in the late '80s? I remember seeing a Bridgemen snare and a SCV girl doing the bottle dance. Whatever happened to that guy? He was supposed to make one for me of Crossmen wearing a cape. :sshh: