Country Western Shows?

OK! OK! OK!

I know that the Troopers are the ambassadors to the west and they do stuff kind of like it, but has there been some corps that have done Country Western music?

I'm not talking Leonard Bernstein or anything like that either! I mean - Devil Went Down to Georgia... Thank God I'm a Country Boy...stuff like this!

I know that it sounds more like maybe what a high school band would do, but with the right arrangements do you think this could be done?

"Devil Went Down to Georgia" was a great Spirit of Atlanta chart back in the early 80s. 1980 and 1981, I think.

Didn't Madison have a Devil Went Down To Georgia percussion solo? Maybe it was Spirit, that makes more sense...

Spirit used it in 80 and 81, as stated earlier. It was their (kick-azz) drum solo.

The Sun Country Wranglers played "The Virginian" back in '78.

1996 The Cadets - The American West

does that work?

1996 The Cadets - The American West

does that work?

Probably not. I think he means stuff out of Nashville.

As long as no one starts doing modern country crossover on the field, no heads will roll. As soon as I hear a miked pit girl say "Man, I feel like a woman," though, all bets are off...

Unless she looks like one of the many ladies of today's country that are very easy on the eyes.

Don't get me wrong - Cadets did a great job that year! In fact, it was my 4th favorite show right after Phantom, Madison and Nite Express! But "Beef!" is not what I was referring to!

What about a corps doing something like the following:

Chris LeDeuox - The Rodeo Song

Toby Keith - I Love this Bar

Neal McCoy - Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On

Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places

Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire!

David Allen Coe - You Never Even Called Me By My Name

Like I said before, I know that this is more collge band or high school sounding, but man it would be a fun show to see some corps do Ring of Fire! That would rock my world!

:blink:

I would like to see some Creedence Clearwater Revival on the field. I don't know if it falls under the country category (probably rock), but it's country-ish.

What great music!

(OK, in reality, it probably would be pretty difficult to pull off on the field. But hey, I can dream, right?)