Season that made you cry.

Loosing by .1 in 1984. If it had been Garfield's 49th or 51st year, I'd have ring #2. One of the best years BD ever got 2nd place in. Listen to the end of each show when the corps is re-announced. I'd have to say our ovation was longer and louder than Garfield's. I also felt bad for my SCV friends when they lost in '87 the same way. If they only had pulled out a large ring instead of a girl at finals-they probably would have brought the house down.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, many people know about 1977, but I'm not sure if you've all read my version of the story. (from another thread). I believe it has been discussed on DCP several times before. So, here's the story, as I know it, and remember it.

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting, and moving. Wishing you happy times with your old Bridgemen! :)

The 1989 season. After the excitement and balance, the wonderment and innocence of 1988 . . . 1989 gave us:

-- Madison not being allowed to go on last as defending champ (and thus not appear on the live telecast), breaking a long tradition

-- SCV bringing back a more muscular but less emotionally impactful Phantom of the Opera

-- an inflated SCV score on a show that was not especially clean

-- the disruption of score announcements between third and second place to announce a McDonald's drum major of the year award

-- Curt Gowdy

-- The Blue Devil frack

-- Madison not being allowed to go on last as defending champ (and thus not appear on the live telecast), breaking a long tradition

What was the reason for that?

1977 Phantom

1798 Phantom

1979 Phantom

What did Phantom play in 1798? probably not the 1812 overture...

:rolleyes::laugh::laugh: b**bs b**bs b**bs