• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sad for '05 Boston Crusaders...the only big corps

left here in mass.....dropping a spot

each night in foxboro.

Edited by audiodave

2003 Teal.

That was an emotionally draining show to perform. The bari/euph line was like a revolving door. I can't even imagine how I dealt with the constant fighting, and bickering in my line. I spent as much time babysitting as I did guiding. The constant worrying, stress, and pushing exhausted me. I spent most of the season sick, and struggling. I hit the lowest weight of my drum corps career that summer. I was 6'1", and weighed 118 pounds.

Thankfully that was a one time occurrence. Seasons since have all been wonderful to me. I've gained all the weight back, and then some. I weighed 140 at the end of this summer. Far healthier than that long tedious season.

Edited by Phirefenix

SCV 04.

I know all about how clean it was, and yes the drumline was amazing. I am not talking about their stellar performance. I am talking about how SCV had my absolute favorite show nearly every year from 1998-2003, and then came out with a show I can hardly listen to in 04. It was such a let down. 05 was better from a programming standpoint, but not by much. They are gonna need to go with the dark green pants and play a Barber show to cheer me up.

Yeah 2005 was a disappointing season for me to watch as far as Div I goes. I mean the shows were definitely good, and those who did well, deserved it very much so. However, I just wasn't interested in any of the shows that much. Vanguard I thought was great. They played music that I absolutely love, but well, we all know that it wasn't the Vangaurd cleanliness we have become accustomed to. Crown had a great brass sound. But other then that, nothing really interested me that much.

I feel the same way about 05(my own show excluded of course).

Most corps that I normally like, Cavs, SCV, BD, and Phantom, I felt had very uninteresting shows. And 2 corps that I normally dislike, Cadets and Crown had suprisingly pleasant shows. Though only to an extent. I don't like Crowns closer. And I simply turn the Cadets show off after the ballad. You couldn't pay me to listen to the "drum" feature.

Edited by G-Cym

Seasons that made me cry?

Rainout. After rainout. After a rained out rehearsal. After a rained out run-through. After rainout.

I can't imagine adding up the rehearsal time we lost that summer, not to mention the time other corps must have lost as well. I'd love to see another week of good weather tacked on to the end of that season and watch everybody's finished products. That was the one year I can say that I marched where we never got close to our potential. Since 01, the folks at the Blue team have always made a habit of skyrocketing on finals week. In 2003 we just tried to A: Not just give up and go home, and B: realize that this season would end and that 2004 and the years after would be a blast.

I loved running into other corps in the parking lot and ask them how their tours were going. I was usually just greeted with "...wet." :)

BTW, does anybody remember exactly how long the semifinals rain delay lasted? All I recall is having enough time to play a lot of hands of euchre, get bored, hang out at the other end of the bus, and end up going back to play another two full games.