2006 top 12 standings

not really... like how many people knew the ding at the end of the show was the sound of the washing machine stopping? inteligent? people have to be inteligent to notice the circles and circular motion in the show? let me ask, other then drill design, what was so complex about that show?

It doesn't necessarily have to be taken so literally. There was a ding at the beginning of the show, too. The beginning and ending of the cycle.

Do I really have to argue how much more complex Spin Cycle was than Our Favorite Things? I don't think I should have to. It goes without saying, and I think most would agree with me here.

and thats a reeeeeeeeally bad analogy....

Is it really now? Britney Spears is pop music. The Cadets' show was full of popular drum corps music.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way I dont think there are a lotof points being made or impressions taken. It's off topic.

I'm looking for the top 5

The Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Bluecoats or Blue Devils.

It doesn't necessarily have to be taken so literally. There was a ding at the beginning of the show, too. The beginning and ending of the cycle.

Do I really have to argue how much more complex Spin Cycle was than Our Favorite Things? I don't think I should have to. It goes without saying, and I think most would agree with me here.

Is it really now? Britney Spears is pop music. The Cadets' show was full of popular drum corps music.

first off... i didnt ask for a comparison on the complexity, i was asking directly about the cavaliers, so dont try and circumvent the question.

#2, the cadets didnt play popular music to the drum corps idiom, they played classic music to the drum corps idiom.

so it would be like the rolling stoned vs. kelly clarkson....

classics vs. soemthing new thats going to come and go.

You didn't understand me.

I understood you. Yes, designers would get bored and challenge themselves, but not to the level that they do now. I realize that that is an opinion, but I do think it is a valid one. But in a completely performance-based system, I think designers would hesitate to overdesign their shows for fear of not having a corps that could perform it.

Winning carries with it more rewards than just a medal, a ring, and a reputation, and I think that those rewards would lead to designers designing safe shows, so they would have a shot at winning.

I understood you. Yes, designers would get bored and challenge themselves, but not to the level that they do now. I realize that that is an opinion, but I do think it is a valid one. But in a completely performance-based system, I think designers would hesitate to overdesign their shows for fear of not having a corps that could perform it.

Winning carries with it more rewards than just a medal, a ring, and a reputation, and I think that those rewards would lead to designers designing safe shows, so they would have a shot at winning.

Well in either statement, both yours and mine, we have no hard evidence and therefore can drop the fact that assumption.

So you can't find last years predictions...well I just happen to remember mine:

1. Cadets

2. Cavies

3. Phantom

4. BD

5. Bluecoats

6. Scouts

7. Crown

8. SCV

9. Boston

10. BK

11. Glassmen

12. Spirit

Now for '06 my crystal ball says: (and try not to misplace it this time)

1. Cadets

2. Cavies

3. Scouts

4. BD

5. Phantom

6. SCV

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston

9. Crown

10. Glassmen

11. Crossmen

12. Capital Regiment

^ lovin the list

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

YES WE'RE ON TOPIC!!

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

1-Cavaliers

2-Phantom Regiment

3-Cadets

4-Blue Devils

5-Madison Scouts

6-Bluecoats

7-Santa Clara Vanguard

8-Carolina Crown

I have no clue about the rest. Or about any of it. It's kind of a combination of what I want to see and what I think might happen.

And, just for the record, I really, really love Spin Cycle.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

So you can't find last years predictions...well I just happen to remember mine:

1. Cadets

2. Cavies

3. Phantom

4. BD

5. Bluecoats

6. Scouts

7. Crown

8. SCV

9. Boston

10. BK

11. Glassmen

12. Spirit

Now for '06 my crystal ball says: (and try not to misplace it this time)

1. Cadets

2. Cavies

3. Scouts

4. BD

5. Phantom

6. SCV

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston

9. Crown

10. Glassmen

11. Crossmen

12. Capital Regiment

wow cap reg making finals thats a good pic but they will have to really bust there butts to get there