2006 top 12 standings

I give up. There's no possible way that I can productively argue a point, when the only people responding are all members of Crown, incognito. Good luck trying to give DCP the impression that unbiased posters are writing this.

Why insult Bluecoats? I didn't say anything about our hornline. Who ruined the trumpet feature? I didn't hear any problems during it, or even really understand who you seem to be referring to. Why also, would I "not be able to contain myself?" I don't recall ever voraciously defending or even more so, REPEATEDLY ADVERTISING my hornline on here. I try and avoid talking about the '05 show as much as possible. We weren't perfect, so obviously there's room for criticism. If you make a post about the matter, and if I'm compelled to respond, I'll respond with FACTS as opposed to opinions (again....within the organization) like that we have our own "unique methods of style and phrasing." Whether or not you feel the need to insult my corps simply for the sake of doing so or no, you don't see me going on DCP and anonymously raving and swooning about my own corps. At least what I say comes from a name with an admitted association. Just think about it....consider how many members of Carolina Crown log on DCP, and constantly compliment THEIR OWN CORPS, anonymously, on a regular basis. Try having some humility or modesty, or SOMETHING.

I don't see where you get it from, that i have a "fervent hatred" for Carolina Crown. I don't, by any means; I have several friends there, and respect what they're doing in DCI. Their intro (except for the ending of the phrase right before the first major impact) was one of the most impressively performed introductions in DCI this year. I just think it's ridiculous that people make comparisons based on the presence of specific staff members.

OK rant mode on..

Tell me then why people get their panties in a wad if a member dares come on here and hypes his own corps? Those who come on here are voicing their opinions..this IS an opinion board after all. So they think that their corps will do well..Maybe it will and maybe no. Judging is subjective and you can't contol how good the other teams are. (My personal opinion is that CC will do well and will keep their current placement or improve, btw) the posters do have their obvoius biases..but who cares. I havn't seen a single person make a derogatory statment about any corps other than to hype their own program.

We all have our OBVIOUS biases..

Does Jared have the right to say the bluecoats are good and will do well? Absolutely. They are a top notch corps both off and on the field. Jared should be proud. He is apart of a great hornline and fine corps.

However, the kids that come on here and hype the CC brass program either anonymously or publicly do so because of the same pride and fervent belief in what is being tought to them. They are there..they know what is being taught to them, and the staff's tells them about their own experinces in drumcorps (the majority of wich took place in a Star or DVD hornline..simple fact) To boot, many of these members have come along way with the CC over the last couple years and feel that they are on the right path.

God forbid that they should express that sentiment here.

People complain about humilty. Has BD, Cadets or Cavies been overly humble about their sucess?? Not really. While they certainly aren't jerks about it, they are good and they know it. You can buy plenty of Cadets shirts that say "eight time world champions" or walk into the BD Corps hall and see 11 DCI trophies prominantly displayed. They've earned the swagger. Good for them.

That is all.

Edited by tubamann

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only a joke :rock: I just cheer for them and support them because they are my hometown favorites :) I am too old and washed up to do any of this kind of stuff, and you all tried to rip apart and take shots at me for it :( says a lot about what you are being taught about manners and I'm sure your corps wouldn't like to be represented that way. I don't understand why everyone can't be nice and have fun.

everyone chill...itll all be ok...props to jared for intelligent postings...heres mine...a mix of what i want....what i think after a year behind the scenes as a member...and a few years as a super fan...

Phantom

Cavies

Cadets

Blue Devils

Bluecoats

Madison

SCV

Crown

Boston

Blue Knights

Spirit

Capital Regiment

Glassmen

Crossmen

Colts

Blue Stars

Wow !

A lot of bando's with some issues. Just enjoy the activity. It is not life or death like some of you think. What do you, or can YOU do, to make your favorite corps excell. And how loyal are you? When another corps passes your favorite do you stay or jump on the bandwagons?

I dont really like it when the term bandos is used.

just to let you know.

~>conner

phantom r

You live on this site and have no corps experirnce and try to talk like you have marched in Drum Corps for 20 years. If you walk like a bando, if you talk like a bando, you must be a bando. If you really wanted to, YOU would march in Drum Corps. Achieving something you want takes dedication not jumping on some ones" band wagon".

phantom r

You live on this site and have no corps experirnce and try to talk like you have marched in Drum Corps for 20 years. If you walk like a bando, if you talk like a bando, you must be a bando. If you really wanted to, YOU would march in Drum Corps. Achieving something you want takes dedication not jumping on some ones" band wagon".

:feednotroll:

Way to fan the flames right out of the gate, this is only your 8th post. Even if it was your 900th, that's no way to talk to someone. Conner is a smart kid and makes intelligent posts, no reason to bash him for whatever troll reasons you have. Go to RAMD, they'll appreciate your crassness there.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach