Favorite shows from 2005 from...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen and Magic

I thought the colts were greatly overrated, their musical performance at semis was "ehh" at best. how can soloists sound like that?

dear krystal, until you can say that you have played a solo in front of thousands of people and nailed it... please stop pretending you know what youre talking about. kthanxbye

Southwind had the best design

Seattle had the best brassline, though there were moments in the show that were exceptions; Xmen had the 2nd best hornline

Mandarins had the biggest improvement as a corps, with Southwind in 2nd

Cap Reg had the best drumline, and a GREAT feature....will be even better next year.

Xmen had the best ballad....from what I heard of an early season recording, I like that version even more.

Xmen had the best single production number, with Radar Love

Seattle had the best looking guard, easily. <3 for Seattle's guard.

I don't really get Magic's score.... don't like their show (hate non-SCV Key Poulan originals), but their score was extremely low for their performance level. Weren't they scoring 5 points higher than their final score, a week or so before finals?

Colts....if I somehow gave them a new trumpet section (especially some new leads), I would enjoy their show a lot more. Painfully loud stickouts. I think they'll be challenging for a finals spot next year, if not getting it. Glad that they're improving to the level they were at in 2001 and many years before.

Lots of div 2/3 corps would have done very well in div 1 this year, and several would have challenged for a semis spot, IMO. I think the judges were wayyyy off with a lot of the div 2/3 scores. Oregon Crusaders?!??!? Cmon. Another forum, though.