Boston's First Camp

Or, the Cadets model, where you say very little all winter....

What? They release more info than anyone else.

Glory....a concerned fan? They're not going to fold, they'll be out there this summer. Your last sentence didn't even make sense; he answered the question, and said that he's not going to disclose the show.

Yeah, I heard that rumor about the red jackets in '06 thing too! I wonder if it's true. Maybe we should start a thread.

Edited by Jared_mello

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? They release more info than anyone else.

Glory....a concerned fan? They're not going to fold, they'll be out there this summer. Your last sentence didn't even make sense; he answered the question, and said that he's not going to disclose the show.

Yeah, I heard that rumor about the red jackets in '06 thing too! I wonder if it's true. Maybe we should start a thread.

Actually the visual staff wants to change the corps colors from red and black to taupe and orange, and ditching the shakos for...

1112572476_Cheese_Hat.jpg

Cheese hats!

Thank you. That's kind of what I was trying to say. The "Florida Crusaders of Boston" is kind of low blow. The corps, most especially the Florida kids (I being one of them) have the upmost respect for the traditions and history of the organization. I don't think anyone would be very happy if we had to be renamed the "Florida Crusaders". Also, to mention the fact that we probably have as many people from Boston as SCV has from Santa Clara, California. Tis the state of drum corps today. Still doesn't take away from what all of the corps are.

Nobody "loves to hate" Boston. That's the sort of self-important retort that smacks of insecurity. Last time I checked, "Boston" has its winter camps in Florida, and draws heavily from the state. In fact, I ran into a high school reporter at Finals in 2000 from Florida. He said he was there because he was covering "the 32 kids from my high school in [Crusaders]". So while you may treat it as a "low blow", make no mistake that the corps has two homes.

Be honest; would you be in Crusaders, as an FSU student, if they had all their camps in New England? Take it for what you will. I was coining a funny based on the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and applying it here. If you want to get flustered and embarrassed about it, maybe that says more about your situation than anything. Most corps travel and recruit from other cities, and even regions. I don't know of any that have a duality quite like the Crusaders. But making light of that doesn't mean I don't have the "upmost" [sic] respect for them and the kids, yourself included. Just don't act singled out. You're not.

Be honest; would you be in Crusaders, as an FSU student, if they had all their camps in New England? Take it for what you will. I was coining a funny based on the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and applying it here. If you want to get flustered and embarrassed about it, maybe that says more about your situation than anything. Most corps travel and recruit from other cities, and even regions. I don't know of any that have a duality quite like the Crusaders. But making light of that doesn't mean I don't have the "upmost" [sic] respect for them and the kids, yourself included. Just don't act singled out. You're not.

The Tarpon Crusaders/Florida Crusaders thing has been going on for much longer than the whole Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim thing so I can sort of understand them being sick of it.

Edited by TTitans909

Nobody "loves to hate" Boston. That's the sort of self-important retort that smacks of insecurity. Last time I checked, "Boston" has its winter camps in Florida, and draws heavily from the state. In fact, I ran into a high school reporter at Finals in 2000 from Florida. He said he was there because he was covering "the 32 kids from my high school in [Crusaders]". So while you may treat it as a "low blow", make no mistake that the corps has two homes.

Well it didn't seem like a "joke" to me (in that case, I would've have laughed and not cared) but seemed more like an actual insult. Either way, when it comes down to it I don't really care. I'd appreciate it if we could just end this right now, there's no need for it. I'm just trying to be rational.

I don't know of any that have a duality quite like the Crusaders.

The Bluecoats have almost as many Texans in the corps, as Boston does Floridians. Not quite as much, but a majority nevertheless.

I know several people who can say that they "love to hate the Crusaders." Many Floridians, who march corps but aren't in Boston, dislike the corps.

Look what you're doing now. The only person who had the courtesy to respond to this unnecessary thread hasn't even marched there yet, and you're all ganging up on him for doing his best to respond to the question, while still respecting the privacy and intentional quasi-secrecy of the corps. He clearly doesn't want to make a bad name for himself within the organization by wrongly representing them, but still tried to appease the "masses" (or apparently disgruntled few). Is it really worthwhile, to pick on the only person who had the consideration to respond to the thread? Think about it.

The Bluecoats have almost as many Texans in the corps, as Boston does Floridians. Not quite as much, but a majority nevertheless.

I know several people who can say that they "love to hate the Crusaders." Many Floridians, who march corps but aren't in Boston, dislike the corps.

Look what you're doing now. The only person who had the courtesy to respond to this unnecessary thread hasn't even marched there yet, and you're all ganging up on him for doing his best to respond to the question, while still respecting the privacy and intentional quasi-secrecy of the corps. He clearly doesn't want to make a bad name for himself within the organization by wrongly representing them, but still tried to appease the "masses" (or apparently disgruntled few). Is it really worthwhile, to pick on the only person who had the consideration to respond to the thread? Think about it.

Who's picking on him? He CHOSE to respond to me.