Acheson's Impact

Wow, I didn't know that. Surprising, considering that Mitchell (as former head of the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce) was a marketing guy. I guess he felt that things were so dire that he had to cut everything just to survive short term. An OT question: what caused DCI to get into such deep do-do in the first place?

I was not privy to any of the internal workings but, at the time, I thought he got a raw deal, given that he was hired with zero DC experience and was given all of one season before he was canned. Clearly, the Executive Director position NEEDS to be filled by a drum corps person; if not a director then at least someone with a good familiarity with the activity.

true, but at the time, what they needed was someone who knew business AND drum corps. the good thing for Sam was he knew business. However, at that time, and for years after, DCI still didn't know how to market itself and is just now coming to terms with that and seeing an idea finally take off.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic