2007 DCI in Pasadena

Has anyone been to Houston's beloved 'Toilet Bowl' lately? Or how about Boston's 'Big Dig'?

SoCal pails in comparison to these #### holes.

I happen to be from Houston. Your ignorant and uninformed opinion of my city is noted.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a woman in Houston, an native Texan, who doesn't think much of the freeway system in your city, sir. She is neither ignorant nor un-informed.

Btw: "un-informed" would have been enough to convey your civic pride. Although the two words are similar, "ignorant" carries a much more negative connotation, presumably your intention?

RON HOUSLEY

He is referring to your highway system. As he is also to Bostons highway system.

Exactly. Thanks.

I actually like Houston, but when I drive through Texas on the way to New Orleans next month I'll attempt to avoid Houston at all costs because the poor engineering of the loops.

Edited by ravedodger

with you on that one man, money's prety tight and I'd want to spend more then a few days on the west coast to see the sights.

Just crash at my place for the week B)

I live in Seattle, so WOO HOO!!! Am also going to do the Kingsmen Alumni gig. It's going to be an honor to wear that uniform.

I'm laughing to myself because I find it unfreakin believable that drumcorps fans will @#$## at just about anything.

How long has it been since California has hosted DCI Finals? Hmmm NEVER. Wow, they finally get Finals, and somehow there are still people that find ways to complain about it. You should be happy you have it. Grateful in fact, because God knows when or IF you'll ever get it again.

I certainly suggest to those people that are complaining about the venue and may not go....I suggest you do. A huge turnout will be needed for DCI to make a return visit.

Hopefully by then, there will be many adequate stadiums in California.

I'm happy to see that DCI finals will be on the West Coast for once (I live in Wisconsin by the way). I think they deserve their "moment in the sun" too.

My questions are concerning the tour schedules though. I figure since finals are in Pasadena, all the corps will need their tour schedules to end on the West Coast. Does that mean a lot more late season shows on the West Coast? What about late season traditional shows such as Indy or Allentown, PA? It would take too long to do those shows, then drive out to the West Coast. Do you think some corps would do East Coast shows, then just fly out to California for finals week? What about the West Coast corps? They are so used to traveling East to get to finals. It must be weird for them to venture East, knowing that they are just going to come back for finals.

Any thoughts??? My main thought is THANK GOD FINALS ARE IN MADISON THIS YEAR!

OH NO! :o Not Allentown! Please don't take away my allentown. :angry:

As far as Indy being a late season thing...this year it's scheduled for July 8. In past year's it has been July 31st (around that time). So we're already seeing that change (which is sooo weird!).

Well, ok...looking forward to Pasadena I suppose!