2007 DCI in Pasadena

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is official, 2007 DCI in The Rose Bowl. To me it doesn't seem like the best choice but what do you think?

Living in So Cal I applaud DCI for _FINALLY_ bringing finals to California. While I don't think The Rose Bowl is the best stadium for finals out here, I'll take it.

--

doug

Must we feaking rehash this yet again? Those whiners against it, STOP, you have no power to change it. SHUT the #$%^ UP!

Rocketman - Whiners = Losers

ampssuck

Careful, Jeff.. folks around these parts are mighty sensitive about that "W" word you used...

I wonder if they'll hold you to the same standard they want to hold me to?

:diva:

Stef

B)

Must we feaking rehash this yet again? Those whiners against it, STOP, you have no power to change it. SHUT the #$%^ UP!

Rocketman - Whiners = Losers

ampssuck

That is the best whine I've read in at least three days Rocketman....cut it out! %$!@# B)

Edited by felixh

I'm sure everything will go just fine, I am sure that the fact the Rose Bowl Committee members that were at the TOC and went "Ape $#%@" over the corps and the fans had a lot to do with this decision. Those guys have a lot Dough behind them and I am sure DCI is going to receive a nice little pay day from this decision. I would be willing to bet that this will be one of the highest attendance numbers that finals have seen. as for Div II/III championships the Home Depot center in Carson would eb perfect for them and probably the best venue they have had.

On a slightly related note, a few people in this thread have commented on where the late season major DCI shows will be.

From reliable sources, the last DCI regional on the road to finals 2007 will be Glendale, Arizona (Phoenix, essentially) in the new Arizona Cardinals Stadium, which is almost completed.

All the Div 1 corps will be present at this show and is supposedly going to be scheduled for the week prior to Finals.

While it will be hotter n' heck outside, the stadium can be enclosed and air conditioned (a necessity). Additionally, to my knowledge, this will be the first arena/dome style stadium with natural grass as a field surface, and is accomplished as a result of the entire field being able to roll outside and sit in the warm Arizona sunshine, and then rolled back into the stadium for games/performances.

view1_daytime.jpgnightstadnew05.jpg

view3_interior.jpgview4_dayaerial.jpg

Edited by ZSDAvenger

thats a neat interesting thing with a stadium....that the grass can be rolled in and out...interesting. I'll have my rookie dci season in a groundbreaking type of year...first championship in cali...new venue for a regional. should be some great stuff! can't wait for 06 season to start...it'll only make it that much more closer to 07