St. Joes Classic

That's right Donny! The THUNDERBIRDS will be communicatin' a medley comprised with 50 years of vociferous Drum Corps. I would like to personally thank Donny Allen for the 2nd loudest chart in our show.

"ARTISTRY IN RYTHYM" proves to be an ideal "openner" for our extremely well-balanced hornline. The openning statement will "rip your head off." The audience will go nuts when they hear our LOUDEST chart. (and it ain't "FLAMENCO CHA CHA") Our "closer" will close any idea that any other Drum Corps will win the show. We ain't messin' around this year! We're looking forward to St. Joe's Classic. In fact, we're looking forward to any, and all, performances.

IMO this may be one of the most technically challanging but at the same time most rewarding and entertaining shows the TBIRDS have ever done. Arrangements are exceptional (Thanks DA...and Jeff Gibbens). I think this year will be a style presented by our Corps' that may surprise you. I know it surprises me. (and I've been around since GERITOL) b**bs

Seriously though .......our 50th Year could possibly be our best effort ever.

See Yinz' in Harrisburg for Serenade In Brass and The Classic in Rochester. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are welcome Gino...

I am trying to get Gary to get me up there to do a little TWEAKING on the horn chart. Hopefully I will get the chance to work on it before you play it in public!!!! If not I am sure that you guys will [play it] loud...

DA

You are welcome Gino...

I am trying to get Gary to get me up there to do a little TWEAKING on the horn chart. Hopefully I will get the chance to work on it before you play it in public!!!! If not I am sure that you guys will [play it] loud...

DA

You got it Donny. Like Leonard Berstein said........"Give it all you've got.....then Crescendo" b**bs

You are welcome Gino...

DA

When can you come up? You are welcome at any ERIE THUNDERBIRD rehearsal and/or performance.

Gary and I previously had this conversation.

C'mon down!..............over.............whatever!

I am definitely available that day.

After seeing and hearing the Ghost Riders, it seems to me that will be in great shape for the Classic. I also know that Prime Time Brass will delight the crowd after a very successful rehearsal weekend.

That show is shaping up nicely.

Donny

Hey Donny,

Who's that behind you in your avatar pic? :huh:

That looks like my "uncle" Benny....from Jones Park LOL...

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard the same thing...I hope that it is true. It makes the line up even BETTER!!!!

PrimeTime Brass had another great weekend, and I guarantee that the group will be ready to play that night!

....Cru, White Sabers, Ghost Riders, Erie T Birds, Mighty St Joes, Prime Time Brass and Brigs...nice!!!

Donny

I have just heard that Syracuse Brigadiers have been added to the show.

sweet any "official" word