Stop picking on BOA

Beats me. I'm just assuming that if we're going to start kicking it with "What stadium light through yonder field breaks!" and "Wherefore art thou?", then the band is just playing backup. I could be wrong.

You are. That band played plenty.

It was an interesting show, using Prokofiev's version of R&J rather than the more familiar Tchaikovsky version. It wasn't the best NP band they've fielded, but some of the staff changes they made for that year on the music side of things really helped solidify and sustain that program ever since.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are. That band played plenty.

It was an interesting show, using Prokofiev's version of R&J rather than the more familiar Tchaikovsky version. It wasn't the best NP band they've fielded, but some of the staff changes they made for that year on the music side of things really helped solidify and sustain that program ever since.

I like Prokofiev's version much better than the Tchaikovsky version. :)

Beats me. I'm just assuming that if we're going to start kicking it with "What stadium light through yonder field breaks!" and "Wherefore art thou?", then the band is just playing backup. I could be wrong.

Myself, I'm thinking about bringing in the "Solid Gold" dancers for a disco show I have planned. :)

Reminds of when Westfield (Houston, TX) in 2002, had a rapper and breakdancers in their show. It is one of those shows that you have to see with the music to understand it; but probably could understand it without watching it too. They played Hindemith's Symphonic Metamorphosis, and each movement of the show (Movement II of the piece I believe) was "morphed" into another style--so they had the original movement II, then they had a rock styles, jazz styles, the rapper style, and other variations on it, then bringing it back to the original. Quite a nice spin on a well known piece. Nice try at trying to be groundbreaking Bawker--it's already been done ^0^ :) (you know I am kidding with you Bawker).

Reminds of when Westfield (Houston, TX) in 2002, had a rapper and breakdancers in their show. It is one of those shows that you have to see with the music to understand it; but probably could understand it without watching it too. They played Hindemith's Symphonic Metamorphosis, and each movement of the show (Movement II of the piece I believe) was "morphed" into another style--so they had the original movement II, then they had a rock styles, jazz styles, the rapper style, and other variations on it, then bringing it back to the original. Quite a nice spin on a well known piece. Nice try at trying to be groundbreaking Bawker--it's already been done ^0^ :) (you know I am kidding with you Bawker).

I've only seen Westfield on video....an amazing band even so....wish I could see them live to REALLY appreciate them!

I have to wonder why you would need narration for a story 500+ years old that everyone knows?

well if the narrator sounded like Eric, that at least would have been cool. I love his accent